• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hayes trucks in the logging industry

dirty4fun

Sounds like a scrap yard might be a going business to be in, HDX. Scrap in the back, with new Teepots slaes in front. You could call it "Make it or Break it"

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Back in the Day when the Forest Industry made the change from the tough equipment of Logging Rail Roads to the not so tough Logging Trucks , there was a saying "There's Nothing A Logger Can't Break" . It took a few years to refine the system , now the Logging Industry of B.C. has let the Haul Roads Go To Hell and there isn't a Logging Road on the West Coast of B.C. that can't break a Highway Logging Truck .

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Not much has been happening in the Hayes thread here so I'll post this. I know most of the guys that are interested in this stuff have already seen this on my Facebook/YouTube but there might be one or two of you that still find this entertaining on a rainy Saturday.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Good one Reg, Was just talking about this old girl yesterday to an old friend LOL

Haha. If we ever get some decent weather I'll have to start throwing some paint at this thing. I think it's tired of living life on the shelf in my shop.lol

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
The HDX looks like it has had a recent rebuild and is even wearing her side panels.First thing I notice is the headlight boxes..

HDX

The HDX was a kenworth semi-rebuild Cory. The two HD's in the yard were not cut up for scrap. Actually the green one was sold to Richard Neva. It is currently undergoing a total re-build It is now tan color. When he bought it he tore it right down to nothing and started there. The frame for the red one is also still around awaiting future developments.

HDX

Posting 2511 first truck HDX Bounty Hunter was Todd and Wayne Pallisters red HDX. The ex M&B red HDX Line horse H26 came from Copper Canyon . Was transferred from the Canyon to Sproat Lake Division That is where Lamare got it at the big Weyco garage sale along with a bunch of other trucks and trailers

HDX

Posting 2510 shows the two BCFP HDX's, The line horse was either 220 or 221 re-numbered 40-117. The winch assembly was later removed and installed on the 6-246 at the Gordon River shop. 40-117 would end up being dragged to the Ritchie Bros Auction in Chemainus and sold for parts. Engine was removed at Mesachie Lake by Munns and the second one is 6-251 Ozzie Nelson's truck from Caycuse ,she would be sold at the same auction and bought by Pope and Talbot for their Midway Mill operation. Sold from there to the Olson Group in Campbell River where she is or at least was.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Thanks...I do believe this is not the only HDX that Kenworth did that headlight treatment too...Has the truck survived ??

HDX

There was a number of them Cory Never really paid much attention to them really but have been told that there was a limited number of them semi-rebuilt. Maybe 6

diamondtguy

Occupation
It certainly changes the look of the truck..Either way....I think its a good picture.I don't know what kind of timber that is but its a man size load....

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
The #221 was a conventional and became a water tanker , I believe IPL took it to Sarita R, when they pulled out of HBO . The #40-117 must be the #220 , as it has the "Wings" on the Water Tank for the front bunk of the early Pre Load trailers to sit on it must have been a preloader . Just curious , what happened to the "Linehorse Winch" that was on the #6-246 ?