• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hayes trucks in the logging industry

HDX

Cory, Its just silicone that somebody put on when the door was last worked on some years ago. It is all gone now because I scraped it off. Originally the inner door panels were lined with a thin amount of sheet lead. This was on the last trucks built. It firmed up and added some weight to the doors. Once these door panels are put back on ,They hopefully wont come off again. Still trying to find Sheet lead but hard to source. That is why the inner panels are still off.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
OK....I wont be putting silicone on mine..
That dash is beautiful..Love all the old jewel lense red lights..I remember those lights from Pacific...Unstamped plate,the big bear..All I can think about is building a truck around that dash.....

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
Cory, Its just silicone that somebody put on when the door was last worked on some years ago. It is all gone now because I scraped it off. Originally the inner door panels were lined with a thin amount of sheet lead. This was on the last trucks built. It firmed up and added some weight to the doors. Once these door panels are put back on ,They hopefully wont come off again. Still trying to find Sheet lead but hard to source. That is why the inner panels are still off.

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
I was just re-reading the post about sheet lead. If HDX has not sourced any there is a supplier in Burnaby. Metal Distributors. Here is there website. Rolls of lead sheet from 1/64th up to 2". I am over there next week and can bring some back with no trouble.

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
Well I finally found some old treasures from Copper Canyon in '69 and one from the Mac & Blo haul road 1982. H271 is featured in 69 and 82. My sister knew a fella from BC Forest service and she told him of our family's logging background and he gifted her with these pics.

Attachments

• Scan_20171127 (8).png
    Scan_20171127 (8).png
    2.9 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20171127_0002 (2).jpg
    IMG_20171127_0002 (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
  • copper canyon 001.jpg
    copper canyon 001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
  • Scan_20171127 (4).png
    Scan_20171127 (4).png
    2.4 MB · Views: 123

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
I sure hope this brings back some memories and more great stories. I have been through the different log truck sites and have not seen these before. Hope you all like them.

mountainskidder

Maybe HDX can tell us a little about this old Hayes Anderson that I came across over at Harry Blackstaff's in Saltair. I've never heard of a Hayes Anderson... almost looks like it might be made from two or three different trucks... maybe only the cab is a Hayes Anderson. Looks like a gas motor... trans has an auxiliary stick with it... I have included the model (SW400W) and serial (510349) tags in two of the photos. Ever seen one of these HDX??IMG_3185.JPG IMG_3186.JPG IMG_3187.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3188.JPG
    IMG_3188.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 13