• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HCEA National Convention 2008

stretch

Occupation
gopher
23rd Annual HCEA National Convention
Operating Steam, Gas and Diesel Shovels; Skimmer Shovel; Crawler Tractors; Graders; Scrapers; Bulldozers; Cranes; and Rollers.

Dates: August 8, 9, 10 2008

Sponsored by the National Pike Steam, Gas & Horse Association

:usa
We're still looking at going but it's a 470 mile drive and with the cost of fuel in a 16 mpg truck...:beatsme

Anyone else going?

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I have been to two shows out there in Brownsville, PA. It's definitely worth it if you can go. I don't know if I can make it this year.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I was planning to go last year, and meet Truckie there, but at the last minute he had something come up, and my daughter got sick, so neither of us made it.

Coincidentally, I was just looking at their site about an hour ago, and it looks like I ought to be able to make it on one of the days. :)

stretch

Occupation
gopher
We just might be headed down next weekend...but can anyone tell us about any good accomodations and restaurants in the Brownsville area (and points of interest or large construction jobs anywhere along the PA Turnpike or the Scranton area)?

Jake

Occupation
Operator
I'll be there on Saturday. I enjoyed the show last year, seems this show might have a little more.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
It's official...I'll be there Saturday, staying in New Stanton Friday/Saturday nights...anyone know of any interesting things around there such as any draglines or mines/quarries in the area? I have been told about the old mines/coke ovens in the Shoaf area south of Uniontown.

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I'm planning on being there Saturday as well, although how long I stay will have a lot to do with how well behaved my two 3 1/2 year olds are.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
NWS weather forecast for there:

Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. North wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming west between 4 and 7 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 57. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Really couldn't ask for much nicer weather for the weekend. :)

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
WOW!

Just got back home.

If anybody is within range, and considering going, it's still on tomorrow.

WELL worth it! :thumbsup

(Most of the iron you see in this picture is actually running at the time, and that's only looking one direction.)

Attachments

• P8090272.jpg
    P8090272.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I failed to hook up with Stretch, even though I looked for him where I most expectd to find him... :beatsme

;)

Attachments

• P8090296.jpg
    P8090296.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 354

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Hmmm...doesn't look anywhere near the DOZER pit...:rolleyes:

Pics tomorrow night or Monday. Does anyone know what model that really big Cat loader was?

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Favorite Machine there.

What was your favorite machine at the convention? I thought they were all really great. Did anyone see the Cat dozer push load the tournapull on Saturday? It was pretty neat. I didn't care to much for the big shovels. I liked the old ford tractor and the three point hitch scraper, the allis chalmers tractor grader, and the D9g. Did anyone see the old cat 60 pulling the sheepsfoot around? I will try to put some pictures up soon. THe most impressive was the twin engine terex dozer.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
What was your favorite machine at the convention? I thought they were all really great. Did anyone see the Cat dozer push load the tournapull on Saturday? It was pretty neat. I didn't care to much for the big shovels. I liked the old ford tractor and the three point hitch scraper, the allis chalmers tractor grader, and the D9g. Did anyone see the old cat 60 pulling the sheepsfoot around? I will try to put some pictures up soon. THe most impressive was the twin engine terex dozer.

I'd say my favorites were the Tournapull and the TC-12. Check out my pics for one of the pushloading.

And they did run the D9? I guess that was after I left...

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Cat Dozer and cable ripper

Attachments

• tractor show 245.jpg
    tractor show 245.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 581

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Cat loader and my old lady