• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hein Werner C12

Kingston

Occupation
Spires & Co.
Well, I can see how you had time to film while crawling. That thing really does crawl.

On a more serious note, did you really transport that with the bottom perpendicular to the bed of the lowboy?

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Well, I can see how you had time to film while crawling. That thing really does crawl.

On a more serious note, did you really transport that with the bottom perpendicular to the bed of the lowboy?

Yup, we did, we had one of the tracks come off when I first moved it out of the hole it was in so we didn't want to run the risk of having the track come off either loading it or turning it... And it was all rural back roads from where I bought it to where I live... But if it was me I would've detached and drove it on straight...

jimrr

Occupation
marine engineer/ at sea
Mine is very similar, a hoptco 500. make sure you get some grease in the pivot point for the air lines!!, it's on the backside under boom pins.

spitzair

Jim,
Thankfully no air lines on the C12HD, just a cable, not sure what it's for... It's seized up whatever it is... I'm guessing it's a brake of some description. Got any pics of your Hopto? If so we'd love to see 'em!

Re-Move-All

Hello All,
Ive got a 1972 Hein werner C12hd for sale. Runs and operates. Please contact me if someone is interested in buying it. Were selling it for $6400. We're located in northern NJ. Jesse@re-move-all.com thanks

spitzair

Well I just found another one! It's sitting in Langdon, Alberta. Wife and I were looking at houses and found it sitting right in the middle of town in and amongs a bunch of other stuff. I didn't want to risk getting shot so I didn't trespass to take a close look at it, I'm trying now to track the owner down and see if he/she wants to part with it. Would anybody here by any remote chance know who owns it? I asked around while I was there but nobody knew... Hopefully I can add it to my collection too... I will go back one of these days armed with the camera and bring back a few pictures... There's apparently an old time implement dealer who knows all about it, unfortunately he wasn't around when I was there...

dozer12216

Occupation
Currentlly clearing some 50 acres for farmland.
Had a C-14 a and used it a lot. The curl on bucket was more powerful than my Hatichi EX 270. The 6V53 could not be killed, although pumps nearly broke me. And the tracks were a challenge, especilally wtih both front idlers completely worn sloppy. Expect a few more hose failures. My worst was hose for track under turntable and above skid plate. 70 gallons of oil to float in also.

kelly mt

Looks good, they got moved. Say I have a C14 and I'm putting a heater in the cab. I'm trying to figure out if the hoses are hooked up right to the motor. Does your machine have a heater? If so where is the hoses hooked up? Not much info on this out there. Thanks, PK.

spitzair

Looks good, they got moved. Say I have a C14 and I'm putting a heater in the cab. I'm trying to figure out if the hoses are hooked up right to the motor. Does your machine have a heater? If so where is the hoses hooked up? Not much info on this out there. Thanks, PK.

Hi Kelly,

First of all sorry, I completely forgot to look if I had a wiring schematic for you, I'm out of town again now but I PROMISE I will look next time I get to Squamish....

I do have a cab heater in my C12HD, and it is hooked up at the front of the engine, I want to say one is hooked up by the balance shaft near the water pump and the other one is hooked up lower down, but I really don't know for sure now, and unfortunately I can't sneak over and take a look... There is one close to where I live in Calgary, maybe when I get out of camp I can zip over there and look at it, maybe even buy it from the guy. I read your post, sounds to me like you do have it hooked up correctly... Sorry I can't be of more help right now.

kelly mt

Thanks Spitzair, that would be great. These hoses are connected at the thermostat housing. They are also all connected by two Y connectors. This makes both the supply and return tied together. Can't figure haw you can get any flow that way. Thanks again, PK.