• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello.

ps66x4

Occupation
cement mason
It's been a long time since I've been here. I have a C215 96L1270 with a 3304. Last year I was using it and then the engine started dying out on me, I'd drop the load and it would rev up again or traveling I would have to stop to keep it from dying so I thought it had dirty fuel filters. I put new ones on and it worked fine. I put 3 or 4 hours on it and when i was done I parked it. One day in the winter I was looking the machine over and noticed the water separator was empty, being it is a new one I thought it might not be sealing properly so a couple of days ago I remove it and put some sealer on the rubber grommets put it back and use the priming pump to fill it back up, It took a lot of pumping maybe 100 strokes. The machine started right back up. I let it run for a while then turned it off. Today I go look at it and it is 3/4 down so I give it 40-50 pumps on the primer pump to fill it back up then 20 minutes later it is half empty so I came here to ask for help. Oh tank is half to 3/4 full if that mean anything.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I’ve noticed over the years, a worn out Cat primer pump can cause that to happen. I’ve also noticed a recent disparity in quality with new replacements.

ps66x4

Occupation
cement mason
I think it is sucking air. I'll replace the lines then if I have to replace the pump. I think its draining back to the tank, I don't see anything wet.

ps66x4

Occupation
cement mason
looks like the problem is the water separator didn't seal, found fuel on the tracks under the water separator and it was almost empty again. I put the old one on and it pumped right up and stayed full over night. Now the next issue. On the tracks brake, between the final drive and the motor, I have a hydraulic leak out of what looks like a release valve, on one side. the machine feels OK when moving. How should I go about checking it?