• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Identifying Parts on my 1845c

Marco Salcedo

Hi Guys,

I see a few things disconnected and I'd like your help to know what they are and to get familiar with my machine.
I've marked my pictures with different colors on what I need help identifying. Thanks!

Attachments

• Disconnected Wires.jpg
    Disconnected Wires.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
  • Disconnected Wires 2.jpg
    Disconnected Wires 2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20190905_101248.jpg
    20190905_101248.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 37

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
That is the ether starting fluid bottle (blue arrow in 2nd pic). It's is to assist in starting during cold weather.
The bottle screws into the solenoid housing (red piece with the solenoid below).
The black hose to the lower left should connect to the fitting on the bottom of solenoid.

The white wires from the solenoid, one should be power and should be ground.
But there are also a couple sensors (red arrow first pic), I don't remember which side they hook into (ground or power).
But the key need to be in the 'start' position, the ether button needs to be pushed, and the engine needs to be 'cold' for power to get to the solenoid and activate a spray of ether.
Here's a general wiring diagram for 1845c, your specific serial number may be a bit different, they changed over the years (I no longer have my factory manuals).

Wiring diagrqm01.jpg Wiring diagrqm011.jpg

Marco Salcedo

Thanks @phil314! I was wondering what the button near key was for.

My machine ran great, I started it up a few days ago to do some maintenance.
I removed the plugs from the chain case to drain any water/oil with the front lifted using the bucket, but when I came back it had shutoff by it's self and haven't been able to turn it on since.

Got some info by reading posts on this site and I'm going to check voltage to the fuel shutoff first and then go from there.

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
If the fuel shutoff checks out ok.
The next thing to check is the lift pump.
They are a likely cause of it just shutting off.
Or you're out of diesel.

Marco Salcedo

@phil46 I checked the fuel shutoff, replaced the lift pump and fuel filter fuel of diesel...ran for a little and turned off again . Any suggestions?