• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help - its stuck

bob snyder

Occupation
contractor
:( hI THERE , jUST BOUGHT A 60XT CASE SKID STEER . Runs great but after 20 hours it wont move on the left side :mad:I get about 6" front to back .The otherside works OK.I live in Northern SASK and Heavydutie Mech. are a rairity.I gather it is iether the park brake or chain??:beatsme.I guess first thing is to pull off the inspection panal and take a look see.Cant find the plug to put oil back in the chain case, any ideas?:confused:
If thats not it I guess I have to lift the cab and check linkages and park brake.Besides the two bolts on the rear of the cab , is there any linkages , wires , ect that have to be disconected before lifting the cab?
The machine has a total of 900 hrs on it ,shouldnt be having this problem?
:BangheadThanks for any info i can get, i need it , hahaha.Maybe someone wants to come here and help fix it , Ill take ya fishing:D:D:D:D

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
tracking

:( hI THERE , jUST BOUGHT A 60XT CASE SKID STEER . Runs great but after 20 hours it wont move on the left side :mad:I get about 6" front to back .The otherside works OK.I live in Northern SASK and Heavydutie Mech. are a rairity.I gather it is iether the park brake or chain??:beatsme.I guess first thing is to pull off the inspection panal and take a look see.Cant find the plug to put oil back in the chain case, any ideas?:confused:
If thats not it I guess I have to lift the cab and check linkages and park brake.Besides the two bolts on the rear of the cab , is there any linkages , wires , ect that have to be disconected before lifting the cab?
:BangheadThanks for any info i can get, i need it , hahaha.Maybe someone wants to come here and help fix it , Ill take ya fishing:D:D:D:D

I am not familiar with this unit, but I had a Case 1840 and it got where it wont want to move, just a few inches. It was the wheel bearings, I removed the hub and took the old bearings out, went to Napa and got new bearings, races and seal. A bunch cheaper than Case.
I think my filler plug was on the side of the frame area, remove the drain plug and check for metal, if it is this, you will need to clean the chain cavity out good. Drain it and wash out the area with solvent and wipe out the best you can. I always used 90W for this, but I think the manual says 40W. This is pretty easy to do, just watch what you remove. If the chain it too tight, it will cause the bearings to fail quicker
Good Luck

bob snyder

Occupation
contractor
I am not familiar with this unit, but I had a Case 1840 and it got where it wont want to move, just a few inches. It was the wheel bearings, I removed the hub and took the old bearings out, went to Napa and got new bearings, races and seal. A bunch cheaper than Case.
I think my filler plug was on the side of the frame area, remove the drain plug and check for metal, if it is this, you will need to clean the chain cavity out good. Drain it and wash out the area with solvent and wipe out the best you can. I always used 90W for this, but I think the manual says 40W. This is pretty easy to do, just watch what you remove. If the chain it too tight, it will cause the bearings to fail quicker
Good Luck

:DThanks for the reply, the 60xt is quite a bit differant than the 1840, I had one of those too.How much play should the chain have in it ?Im sure its not a bearing because it moves 6" either way and just stops like if a pin wasnt realesing or sumpin.Or maybe the chains bound?:beatsmeThe right side works perfect ( for now :rolleyes: )Heading out for a fishing tournament tommorow for a week , worry about it when i return.Thanks again:D

bob snyder

Occupation
contractor
:DThanks for the reply, the 60xt is quite a bit differant than the 1840, I had one of those too.How much play should the chain have in it ?Im sure its not a bearing because it moves 6" either way and just stops like if a pin wasnt realesing or sumpin.Or maybe the chains bound?:beatsmeThe right side works perfect ( for now :rolleyes: )Heading out for a fishing tournament tommorow for a week , worry about it when i return.Thanks again:D

bmp

Abscraperguy

How far are you from Carrot River? There is a good mechanic shop there. I've used them and they do good work. Reimer Enterprise is the name at 306 768 3783 and Earl is the guy to talk to.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Sounds like it's a park brake problem - they are a pin which locates in a disc attatched to the drive motor. Remove the chain case cover on that side & see what happens when you move the safety bar up & down. Could be a siezed cable. The cab should lift after you remove the 2 x rear bolts - thats if the assist struts are ok - or else it's a 2 man job to lift her.

bob snyder

Occupation
contractor
Sounds like it's a park brake problem - they are a pin which locates in a disc attatched to the drive motor. Remove the chain case cover on that side & see what happens when you move the safety bar up & down. Could be a siezed cable. The cab should lift after you remove the 2 x rear bolts - thats if the assist struts are ok - or else it's a 2 man job to lift her.

:DThats what i thought too,so pulling the cover off is no problen, specially if i can get at the park brack that way.Then i may not have to lift the cab.Where do you put the oil back in after you drain the chain case??I looked but couldnt see:beatsme
THANKS SOOOOO much for your help:notworthy

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
:)Short for BUMP , to move the tread back up into the limelite ( action ):D

Hmm, didn't think of that. :D

bob, gggraham would know your machine, he's a Case mechanic in Ontario. You might try sending him a private message and get his attention. ;)

alrman

Occupation
You will have to lift the cab. It's the only way to get to the cables - it only takes a minute - btw you lift the cab with loader frame raised & safety bar in.
The oil level is the plug on the side - drain is under machine at rear - there should be only about 7or 8 litres of oil in it - you should get the side cover off without draining the oil.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You will have to lift the cab. It's the only way to get to the cables - it only takes a minute - btw you lift the cab with loader frame raised & safety bar in.
The oil level is the plug on the side - drain is under machine at rear - there should be only about 7or 8 litres of oil in it - you should get the side cover off without draining the oil.

There are no cables on the XT series. The 1800 series has cables. The braking system on these does not use the pin system. That is an 1800 series creation.

alrman

Occupation
There are no cables on the XT series. The 1800 series has cables. The braking system on these does not use the pin system. That is an 1800 series creation.

I can assure you all the 60xt skid I've seen are cable brake - here in Australia:beatsme
Do US spec units only have hydraulic option???
If so, machine would not move 6 inches - it would be locked up & not move at all........

Attachments

• 60xt brakes.jpg
    60xt brakes.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,096
Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I was curious so I checked the N American online parts, alrman. It show both mechanical (that you pictured) as well as hyd acutated brakes. Seems it could be either way on his machine. I agree with ya, raise the cab and you'll find out right quick which one it is. If there are cables in there, they're mechanical brakes.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I was curious so I checked the N American online parts, alrman. It show both mechanical (that you pictured) as well as hyd acutated brakes. Seems it could be either way on his machine. I agree with ya, raise the cab and you'll find out right quick which one it is. If there are cables in there, they're mechanical brakes.

Now that you post that, I believe that push button (hyd. brakes) were an option. My 70XT had that which is why I knew that there were no cables on it and I wrongly assumed that all were that way.

bob snyder

Occupation
contractor
:drinkupJust returned from the last fishing tourny of the year , so a little behind:eek: Thanks for the info , tommorow I will take thr inspection cover off and take a look see , IF IT DOSNT SNOW , CRAP.Ill let you know what i find , the way this weeks going , itll probably be bad , hehehe.Blew the motor on my boat on Monday:BangheadIsnt life grand , hehehe:Banghead

rpctsv

My guess is bad drive motors.You check your hydraulic oil level?

bob snyder

Occupation
contractor
:BangheadThanks for any info i can get, i need it , hahaha.Maybe someone wants to come here and help fix it , Ill take ya fishing

thanks again for all the help,:drinkup , it was the parking pin! I pulled the inspection cover off and saw it wasnt moving so i just took off the plate with holes in it off for now , i wont have a park brake on that side but thats ok for now ,:D Will lift the cab and fix it properly this winter in a warm shop when things slow down,Thanks again for your help:notworthy

alrman

Occupation
Ok that's good you found the problem:woohoo......Now where's some pictures of the fish!