• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help on a 1988 Ford F-700

Nritter21621

Good morning I am having the most difficult time trying to find a clutch linkage (linkage on the release bearing shaft) for a 1988 Ford F-700 (6.6L Turbo diesel) Ford can not look anything up before 1990 and salvage yards are no help without a part number. Does anyone know what the part number is here or know where you can find obsolete Heavy equip. Ford Parts?

walkerv

Is this what your looking for? Rock auto you can look up some stuff for older heavy trucks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181220-121913_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181220-121913_Chrome.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 14

Nritter21621

Is this what your looking for? Rock auto you can look up some stuff for older heavy trucks
No, I appreciate you looking into it, but sadly I checked Rock Auto already as well and they only had the fork. I need the linkage for a pull type clutch. Its the linkage on the release bearing shaft.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Thank you as well, I checked their website and they only have a hood and fender for that year and model. I did send them a message just in case to see if they might come across something. Thanks again guys for the advice I really appreciate it.
You're welcome, what happened to the old one did it break or wear out? I bet you could weld something up or find a welder that could fabricate one.

Nritter21621

You're welcome, what happened to the old one did it break or wear out? I bet you could weld something up or find a welder that could fabricate one.
Yes it broke. I am working on it for a customer, but we were both hoping to just find a replacement if possible. It's starting to look like welding it is my only option.

walkerv

Yes it broke. I am working on it for a customer, but we were both hoping to just find a replacement if possible. It's starting to look like welding it is my only option.
Be sure to clean the part well i have not known ford to not either have the part number or the engineering number either cast or stamped into it

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Looks like they bubble gum welded it. Yeah the number is on that lever and it's not a Ford number, I have same transmission just the FS6206A version You need to get a hold of Eaton for the replacement. I had to fabricate one of those with a Spicer transmission lever to get mine to work when I switched transmissions.

Last edited: