• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with JD 650J pulling left

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
My new dozer ( 2008 JD 650J LT) seems to pull to the left just enough to be very anoying at times. It only has approx. 300 hours and is under warrenty but i was looking for anyone with knowledge on why. I thinking a speed sensor maybe ? Any Details appreciated. Or tech's that can tell me how to check it out....

Semper Fi :usa

mestizo

My new dozer ( 2008 JD 650J LT) seems to pull to the left just enough to be very anoying at times. It only has approx. 300 hours and is under warrenty but i was looking for anyone with knowledge on why. I thinking a speed sensor maybe ? Any Details appreciated. Or tech's that can tell me how to check it out....

Semper Fi :usa

Sounds like it could be a speed sensor - is the machine throwing any codes?

pafarmer

Occupation
Oddly enough it is not throwing codes. Just says "RUN"............thats the trouble with the problem. No codes and No place to start the debug........Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Help with JD 650J pulling left:

Oddly enough it is not throwing codes.

If the machine is not throwing any codes... technically, you shouldn't have a problem with any sensors... shouldn't anyway.

If you can run a transmission calibration... quite often, it will remedy a slight bit of "indexing", and/or "off tracking".

My C series 750 is a 1997... 11 years older than yours, so some things are probably different, but a properly calibrated transmission is very important.

And... I thought you promised some pictures... ;)

OCR... :)

pafarmer

Occupation
Thanks OCR...........JD Feild Tech. on his way to the farm today to check out the dozer for me. I still don't know how to insert a photo of my new Toy. I've tried but can not figure ot out. Do I need to host it somewhere ? then attach ? but where and how is that done ? My son never made it home from college and could not talk me thought it. He graduates on May 2nd so maybe then i can get a minute of his time to show and old dog a new trick.

Last edited:

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
I still don't know how to insert a photo of my new Toy.
If you scroll down a little in the Post Reply window, there is a section called 'Additional Options' - one of the options is to attach a file (photo or other.) Click on the Manage Attachments button and you will have an upload window.

pafarmer

Occupation
SM_CIMG1285.jpg

Here she is on the trailer getting ready to head home to the farm.......

thanks john for the help..........much appreciated...........

pafarmer

Occupation
Deereman, Me being retired, I have nothing but time and deisel to burn. If your ever in Pa. look me up..........It's one heck of a dozer. It has ever option known to man and then some, a great dozer. Had the tranny calibrated yesterday after a few hundred hours of time other than that its beena dream to own and operate. The little 450J behind mine is one I purchasd for my son, again a real solid dozer and she also works like a dream. We also own a fleet of Ag. tractors , all of them JD...If its not a Deere I have little interest it in. JD equipment has always been real good to me and my family on the farm. Proud to announce my blood is JD green......

Deereman

Deereman, Me being retired, I have nothing but time and deisel to burn. If your ever in Pa. look me up..........It's one heck of a dozer. It has ever option known to man and then some, a great dozer. Had the tranny calibrated yesterday after a few hundred hours of time other than that its beena dream to own and operate. The little 450J behind mine is one I purchasd for my son, again a real solid dozer and she also works like a dream. We also own a fleet of Ag. tractors , all of them JD...If its not a Deere I have little interest it in. JD equipment has always been real good to me and my family on the farm. Proud to announce my blood is JD green......

That makes two of us. I don't have blood, I have hydraulic oil in my veins. Hydro-guard that is!!:D

mestizo

:usa