• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here are some pics of the equipment that i have tinted!

9420pullpan

here are some other cool pic of tinted equipment

although i didnt tint them they still look really cool!! i love tint on equipment it makes the day soo much more enjoyable.

627 G#2017.jpg

CON-EXPO 05 EQUIPMENT (126).JPG

CON-EXPO 05 EQUIPMENT (96).JPG

CON-EXPO 05 EQUIPMENT (154).JPG

mvc-032s.jpg

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Tint

Great job 9420pullpan,

Are you still runnin pan? Do the operator's themselves come and ask for the tinted windows?

How long did it take?

-Jim

9420pullpan

no i got off the pan im running a hoe right now a Cat 330 with 13K hrs on it its beat bad. operators do ask me to tint them , they dont come out perfect but it does work. i have tinted (2) 345BL ME's and (1) D6 and my JD pullpan i tinted that like 3 times i think .... it is very time consuming it took me 5-6 hrs to tint that 345 by myself.... it took 2 rolls of film and 1 roll of the rear window film the short strip.....

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
They look really good to me, perfection is only accomplished after lots of practice, right?:thumbsup 330, huh? Public machine?

9420pullpan

i have some practice its patience that counts.... yea the 330 has been around... i wanna tint that but i dont know how long ill be on it......

tylermckee

Must be a pain to tint equipment with all the windows and all the dust you stir up moving around. I tinted the windows on my truck myself and i want to re do them cause there is some dust between the film and window.

Grader4me

I have a question concerning tinting glass.....Are there any specifications(legal) on how dark you can tint(film) or how much surface can be tinted?
Seems to me in my area, we can only tint so much (top) of the windshield with the film. It's been years since we did this and I can't remember exactly how much we was allowed, but I do know that we could not tint the entire surface.
Any feedback?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Here in the states every state had different tint laws that you can find on line, but I don't know about you northerners.

Pullpan
Have you guys ever had any trouble with safety guys and the tint? Some of them out here are real PIAs and I see very little equipment tinted out here. The ones I have see where all OOs and there tint was so dark you couldn’t tell if they there in there or not.

D10N

Occupation
Catskinner extraordinaire
Looks sharp! I'd love to get just the back window on my dozer tinted - all around would be like heaven!!

9420pullpan

yes there are laws in tinting windows here is the link

and with the dust to help control that you can spray water over the floor to help control it bu the best way is to swwep most of it out and try not to generate more when you are tinting

the safety dept is a real pain . i like it as dark as possible but i have been using either 20% or even lighter the 35% any darker than that is questionable. i the hoes you could probably go a lil darker bc of the window above penetrating light through so it doesnt look as dark hope that helps

9420pullpan

more pics of the 345BL ME with tint and trimble GPS

this 345 has 20% on the windows and 35% on the door with a 5% strip all the way around this is the machine with 7000+ hrs that will smoke any of our other 345's including the new 345C..... it is just bad @ss

ashland tint.JPG

ashland tint (1).JPG

ashland tint (8).JPG

ashland tint (6).JPG

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Nice work man,

who runs the 345 w/ the GPS and what job are they on now? Does he smoke the other guys partly because of the GPS? Keep up the good work.

9420pullpan

greg eddows, its not the gps it is how fast the machine is. they are at ashland meadows hilltown township.....

9420pullpan

first of all the operator got it new has ran it ever since. from what i hear the operator and foreman got cat to come out and turn it up. they took the pumps and hydraulics to their max and basically tuned everything so that they would work idealy together. like a fine tuned piano ya know what i mean

Steele

Tinting

Great site, just happened to stumble across.

Good looking work 9420pullpan,

I've been operating for 28 years, learned how to tint about 5 years ago, since it was so difficult and expensive to get someone out to tint my machines.

I now have a tinting business that specializes in Heavy Equipment Tinting.

Here's some pics of my current money maker.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Jim_Cooney/img_0707.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Jim_Cooney/img_0706.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Jim_Cooney/img_0705.jpg

Anyone needing any tinting done in the Phoenix, AZ area shoot me an email.

Steelehorseman@yahoo.com

Comfort Zone Tinting

B & B Excavating

Last edited: