• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hey PullPan

SangerHydro

Occupation
Maintenance Tech
Have you seen or do you have any pics of a large Cat Dozer that got caught on one of those huge disc type shovels in a mine accident???

I've been looking for those pics and story behind it and have had no luck.

Todd

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Pullpan might have a better sized one. If I recall, there might be more than one pic of the incident, but this one I had on my computer. I'd sure like to know the details too...

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 854
Last edited:

Wulf

I know that it was a D8R. I think it fell down to the sharp end of the bucket wheel when pushing material down to the working area... but maybe someone else can confirm and has more facts!

SangerHydro

Occupation
Maintenance Tech
Yeah !!!

That's the incident I was refering to. If I recall there were indeed several pics. What exactly is the name of the machine that scooped it up?

thanks ya'll,
Todd

MVFD

I have the article at work.. its posted on the board at the office..

it was in germany I believe.. but the dozer was left in the way because of a shift change.. when it was scooped up..

Altho I have been known to be wrong time to time.. altho not very often... :bouncegri

9420pullpan

there ya go people are so helpful around here. i find pics all the time it is just finding time to put them on the web ya know but here are a few more cool pix..

img_0252_197.jpg

post-13146-1155788191.jpg

M-Series1.JPG

12.jpg

IMG_1904a.jpg

Dickie

The CR in LCR stands for "Compact Radius", if I read my press releases correctly (and retain the info, hehe)

SangerHydro

Occupation
Maintenance Tech
I finally found the Email that was sent to me with info about the machine that scooped up the dozer. But it's in a PPS and I don't know how to post it here. Anybody here wanna give it a try? I could email it to ya.

Todd

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
woww-- i heard once that that was on a mine site and they wanted it removed quickly. i heard it on a pic site... cant remember which one.

slagpot

The name of the machine in question is the ....{Krupp bucket wheel excavater} . Yeah I too read about the accident, the operator must have had to change his pants.

Theres a german link to photos of this machine in the Rhine coal pit in germany. I'll have to find the link, theres only one problem. Unless you can read german,sometimes its a pain to move around the site.

Slagpot

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Get the Google toolbar and it will translate the page into english for you.Ron G