• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

High Flow won't run on my T300

Gixxer600

Sorry to be a pain but I am confused. Access panel under the cab or on the outside of the machine?

Is this really the only way to tell if it has high flow? There is not another tell tale sign?

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
the outside on the right side as you are sitting in the machine left side as you are looking from the front its right behind the lift cylinder the little light in the cab on the panel and the pump are the only way to check without a computer and the remote start tool the dealer has or the spec sheet from the factory on it

Gixxer600

Ok so I will find that panel and remove it. And once I do how will I know for sure if I have high flow or not? I will take a picture but for a little instant gratification what should I look for?

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
their should be two good size rubber hoses on the font of the gear pump and just about touch the side of the machine it will be really long and have an electrical conector on it if it has power bobtach dont get that confused with the high flow

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
To help you understand a little better Gixxer, the pumps work like this:

You have a big drive belt from the engine that drives the pumps. The next thing in line is the drive pumps. That's what you took a picture of. Your looking at a tandem hydrostat drive pump system. That's what the control links from the control levers connect to and they control the drive of the machine. The pump bobcatmechanic wants you to find is the work equipment pump. It piggybacks of the end of the drive pumps and controls all the other hyd equipment on the machine. You can't see this pump in this pics. The hi flow machine will have a different work equipment pump setup than the standard machine.

Gixxer600

So that is what it will look like if it has high flow? What if it doesn't? What would be different? Nothing there at all or less hoses or ... ?

Thanks for the help.

Gixxer600

Thanks Atco ... that helps a little. So my question is once I see the work equipment pump how will I know if it is high flow or not by looking at it?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Like bobcatmechanic said, remove the access cover on the right side of the machine, you'll get a better view of the work equipment pump. A standard machine has a single work pump bolted to the tail end of the drive pump. The high flow machine has 2 work pumps. You'll see the pump in there. If it has a single/large hose supplying oil to the pump, it's a standard machine. A high flow would have 2 large supply hoses, one for each pump.

Gixxer600

Ok I took the panel off (4 screws not 2) and was grumbling at you when I discovered that nothing was in there (because I had to squeeze my arm off to get the bolts out from jammed down next to the track.

Then I realized I had the wrong plate. : )

Took that one off and unfortunately you cannot see anything in there. Too many hoses in the way to make heads or tails of anything.

It seems like you can see more of it in the pics I posted. If you look at the second pic and look at the control links, right below EACH of them are 2 hoses. Is that what we are looking for?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sorry for the delay, had to feed the dogs and grandkids. :D

Let's try this. Here is a pic of a Sunstrand tandem pump similar to your machine. This is the drive pump unit. If you stripped away all you hoses, fittings, centereing plate, control arms, and such, you would see this pump clearly. Note the splined shaft sticking out of the end to drive the pump, and the two mounting ears on each side of the shaft. Now, look toward the opposite end. You'll see another similar mounting ear in the pic. That's where some form of piggyback pump bolts up to the Sunstrand unit, driven by a splined shaft similar to what you see in the pic. It's the piggyback pump we want to know about. If there is just one, standard machine. But if it has a gear pump that piggybacks off another gear pump, and the two piggyback off of the Sunstrand unit, it's a hi-flow machine.

Sunstrand tandem pump.jpg

Gixxer600

Those 6 bolts in the middle, would they happen to be where hoses attach?

Take a look at this picture of mine. I took it to Paint and drew some lines. If I understand you right, on the left would be the pump(s), then the drive pump, then some sort of drive housing. Right?

When I look in from the engine compartment though I can see a belt going up to something on the right (if you are staring into the engine compartment, or on the left if looking at the picture below).

Maybe we are getting closer!

Attachments

• Pump.jpg
    Pump.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 591

mrfixitpaul

Your lines are pointing to the right area for the pump. Now you have to look closely at that part and see if it has 2 pump sections (and 2 outlets). Can't see clear enough in the photo to tell. The 4 hoses you point to are for the drive.

Gixxer600

So let me get this straight ... the center stuff runs the machine, and the pump(s) on the left run the aux (front) hydraulics? So I should be able to trace the lines from the front (if I can follow them) to the pump(s). If there are two pumps do the hoses just merge together or how do the 2 pumps work together?

mrfixitpaul

The pump(s) to the left run the auxiliaries, and the lift and tilt functions. One of the outlet hoses should go to the main control valve(pedal linkages attach here if they are mechanical). The other outlet should go to a different valve block that is for the high flow auxiliary(for high flow both pumps combine and go to the aux coupler in this valve).

Gixxer600

Ok so the center part IS a pump? (that runs the drive I guess?)

I will try to go look again now that I am getting closer to knowing what I am looking for. What about the control valve? Is it more accessible? Maybe I can tell by looking at it as well?

bill onthehill

Bobcats are like a sweet young lady. Fun to run around and play with but tough to maintain! That is as nice as I can say it.LOL

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Yup now you got the idea. Where you have marked with the 4 arrows is the drive pumps and the hoses going to the drive motors. The are with the question marks for the pumps is what you need to look at or take a close up of. This gear pump is what runs your functions of the machine. If this pump is a single stage then you do not have high flow. If it is a two stage pump you do. Post a close up of these pumps. JJ