• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Highway log trucks.

lg junior

2011_0821PantherCreek0002.jpg

2011_04292189OldKenworth0002.jpg

KW.jpg

2004_0806greentruck0007.jpg

Jdigger4130

I am up n Portland right now and I must say that between Coburg n here and between the rain thx giving drivers and the fact that it was pitch black at 5 I have gained A whole new respect for you NW truckers... Hell,I was just in A rental car and was about to throw in the towel!

Jdigger4130

So I went through Longview and made my friend go w me to see the port area and found Joel Olsens yard! If ya wanna run mule trains or low beds they want experienced drivers and have one of the nicest fleets of T800,W900 and 379s I have seen in A while! Then went to Chehalis Wa and scoured the bone yards and took some great pics of old iron! TONS of cool stuff here in Wa guys

Rusty Grapple

So I went through Longview and made my friend go w me to see the port area and found Joel Olsens yard! If ya wanna run mule trains or low beds they want experienced drivers and have one of the nicest fleets of T800,W900 and 379s I have seen in A while! Then went to Chehalis Wa and scoured the bone yards and took some great pics of old iron! TONS of cool stuff here in Wa guys

That's actually one of Olson's smaller facilities in Longview- just trucks affiliated with the Longview area hauls.
He has a big shop in Vancouver, Washington where most of the nicer trucks can be found (lumber and chip trucks, etc). The shop and yard at Clatskanie, Oregon is the best one for log trucks, etc as that's where the trucks stay that work the NW Coast area hauling logs and pulp wood.

He's from the Central Oregon Coast and expanded northward with Longview Fibre in 1972 when Jepson's expanded thier operations north.

You can find Olson trucks from the Washington/Canadian Border clear into California. For a long time he hauled Tillamook Cheese products into California with reefers. This was thier first venture away from logs.

They have nver had all the trucks in one place at one time. It would be impressive to see, no doubt! Where would you find the room?

http://joelolsontrucking.net is the website. For all the trucks they run and have run since the late 60's, its got very very few pictures.

Last edited:

52dodgeman

So when are you going to post the pictures of the old iron?

lg junior

Here's an old picture the wife thinks it was taken in '58 or '59 in southern Oregon, Grants Pass or Cave Junction.

scan004.jpg

Jdigger4130

I am so frustrated!!!!! I am having such a hard time posting in this sites format ! I just bought A new Macbook as I was told this would help w my computer illiteracy and still cannot! My nerd friends are of no help so I am making A flicker site this week! I do have the ability to email them so [email protected] is me and I will love to share my stuff! Only caught A few pieces and roadside shots but some nice truck stuff and Seattle port pics! I have 1000s of truck train and machine pics tho so email me what ya wanna see and I will email NO PROB!
So when are you going to post the pictures of the old iron?

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Here's an old picture the wife thinks it was taken in '58 or '59 in southern Oregon, Grants Pass or Cave Junction.

scan004.jpg

VERY, very nice! That made my day. Thanks!

Probably running off a 220 Cummins and a 4X4, ya think?

skadill

Answer-Yes

A bit off topic having no rigging,but you are correct.

Attachments

• DSCN0071.jpg
    DSCN0071.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 1,704
  • DSCN0072.jpg
    DSCN0072.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 1,784

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
That b-61 looks to be in Great shape! I want one fo those sooooo bad!

For a tall man, the B Model cabs were a bit cramped IMO. There's an old saying: "You wear a B Model cab like a pair of pants". It does look like a good project.