• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi engine diagnostics

Taylor koch

I am trying to connect to a zx350lc-6n. I have e-idss. I also have nexiq usb link 3. It won't connect using the 9 pin connector next to the seat. There's the 6 pin yazaki connector by the air filter. Is there a way to adapt nexiq to that?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I don't know any specifics about your machine, but I have successfully adapted CANBUS diag equipment by just finding where the bus appears on the machine and temporarily splicing the interface onto it.

Taylor koch

It has engine codes and it also has main control codes. It's needs to regen but it won't due the active codes. I'll get the code numbers specifically. I know it's a handful of pressure sensor codes and it won't idle up. I suspect an issue with the main controller. One of the codes was for Def pressure. I'm willing to get the correct adapters. I have oem software. I need the mpdr for the machine side. I've heard mixed things on if nexiq will work for the engine side. I couldn't get it to work though

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I believe you need MPDr and what is called a Kvaser adapter to communicate with the DEF system through that Yazaki 6 pin connector. Maybe @LACHAU can provide the specifics.

Taylor koch

Where is a reliable source to buy the mpdr? I've never heard of a kvaser. What programs are compatible with that?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
You can't buy MPDr, except piroted versions. MPDr is dealer only. Kvaser is an adapter, like an EDL.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Don't know, to be honest. being a dealer tech, the only program I have ever used other than Service Advisor, is MPDr and IDSS. And, since our dealer was never a Hitachi dealer, my experience has only been with the Deere/Hitachi's. Our reduced tail swing machines are all pure Hitachi painted Deere colors, and I know to communicate with the Isuzu engine we use IDSS or Service Advisor, and to communicate with the DEF system, we use MPDr with Kvaser adapter (see below). There is another adapter that connects the Kvaser to the 6 pin plug on the machine. What you would need outside of that would require someone else's input who has that experience.

Check your messages.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 5.57.26 AM.png

Bullitt

Occupation
Manitou / Gehl & Yanmar Tech, Rental Monkey
I have a ZX135-6 and a ZX160LC-6N and never had any luck with either using anything other then DRZX interface on the 6 pin diagnostic connector and MPDR. IIRC even using E-IDSS I had to find a CAN terminal near the battery disconnect switch and use a breakout harness and jumpers to communicate. My issues were not with DEF systems though so I cannot say for sure if E-IDSS will help you with that, MPDR surely would though. That being said you should be able to put the monitor into dealer mode and access a lot of PID's through it.

Taylor koch

So it sounds like mpdr might be the way to go. Thank you for the info. What's a reliable source to buy the drzx through?

Last edited: