• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX-120 manual

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
To all the members asking for manuals Please also provide your email address with the post . This will make more smooth and quicker to get manuals .

Oxidad

I have an EX 120 (no "1" or "2" after it), according to the large black decal. But the tag on the right side bottom of the cab, which appears to be model and serial plate (I can't read Japanese), says:
KX120-2m
1 EW-038567
Can anybody yell me what I have, and where to go for a manual? I have fuel problems and need help. Thanks very much.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have an EX 120 (no "1" or "2" after it), according to the large black decal. But the tag on the right side bottom of the cab, which appears to be model and serial plate (I can't read Japanese), says:
KX120-2m
1 EW-038567
Can anybody yell me what I have, and where to go for a manual? I have fuel problems and need help. Thanks very much.

Can you provide any pictures of it ? What engine do you have in it ?
As for fuel issues have you checked the banjo fitting bolt screens ?One will be on the inlet to the water separator and other will be on inlet to transfer pump .I have also seen them on the inlet to the secondary fuel filter housing inlet .

Oxidad

Can you provide any pictures of it ? What engine do you have in it ?
As for fuel issues have you checked the banjo fitting bolt screens ?One will be on the inlet to the water separator and other will be on inlet to transfer pump .I have also seen them on the inlet to the secondary fuel filter housing inlet .
Tool-King: Thank you for your fast reply. Looks like Hammer49 who started this thread had a computer crash and couldn't respond to the kazillion requests for manuals. So I'm still in need, just more desperate now that my rig is down, I'm in the middle of several jobs on my property, and the season is rushing to a close (I'm at 6300' elevation in NE California)!
From reading numerous posts about fuel problems, it looks like the various EX120s (-2 and -3, etc) are all different. That's why I need to know what I have. From my Serial # is it possible to look up my machine? Or, can you tell me where to look for engine identification? I took photos of the ID plate referenced above (KX120-2m, etc.) and the hydraulic pump, hoping they would help identify the version I have.
I also photographed as much of the fuel delivery system as I could; I can post as soon as I transfer them from phone to laptop (tonight) to post here. I just don't know how to draw arrows on the pics to ask specific questions. If you tell me what else to take pics of, I can and will provide.
I just learned what a banjo bolt is; seems to me there are several. I'll open them one by one to look for screens. When you write "water separator" do you mean the plastic sediment cup-looking receptacle that drains from the bottom? I've opened the intake (and even removed the whole thing from the top on one occasion) but didn't inspect for a screen. Will do so next. If that's not the separator, what is?
Thanks again; more soon.