• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX120-5 Aux no reversing ?????

Dougsf2670

Hi
I have a ex120-5 which has aux piping, it seems to operate the tilt bucket fine but it will only open my grab bucket & not close it,
*cylinder on the bucket is fine as the bobcat will open & close the bucket,

I have connected each side of the aux lines together with an open line & pumping from left to right is fine but if you reverse it & pump right to left the machine will go into relief & not complete the circuit,

It is controlled with a foot pedal so no electrics & a 3 way diverter valve on the right hand line for a breaker set up.

The aux piping enters the control valve on the left & right hand side rather than both on one side where as per diagrams I have seen the aux connections are on one side of the bank next to each other, I will look further into this tomorrow,

Any help with this ?

Thanks
Doug

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Doug;)!

Did they work before? I believe the auxiliary lines should both be attached to the same side of the control valve (cab side I believe??).

Dougsf2670

Welcome to HEF Doug;)!
Hey Cheers,

Did they work before? I believe the auxiliary lines should both be attached to the same side of the control valve (cab side I believe??).

I have sort of figured it out, so I up graded all the aux lines to 3/4 ich, & it seems to be too much flow for the left pipe, I have reduced the flow down to 1/4 again an it seems to work any thing larger I think is activating the aux flow check valve & stopping the flow.

Thats all I could figure out any how.