• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi ex200lc-3 travel alarm wiring

1stephen

Occupation
excavation contractor, rancher
does anyone know where the wire connector is in the cab tor connect the factory wiring harness for a travel alarm. the machine did not have an alarm on it when i purchased it although it did have the switch on the left arm rest for the alarm. I have purchased the wiring harness that goes from the cab to the switch (which i have also bought) then onto the alarm(again bought). this wiring harness will just plug into the switch and the alarm but i cannot find the right plug-in for the cab connection. the only connector that i can find that is 3-wire has the wrong plug on it and the wires are a different size as well as 2 of the wires are not the same color. any help and maybe some pictures is greatly needed!!!! thanks

machine

I have not seen a wire diagram that includes the motion alarm. it was optional at the time and not printed in. however the button on the left console is to cancel the alarm . maybe you can follow them to the connector .

1stephen

Occupation
i have a wiring diagram that shows parts of the back up alarm wiring also a parts book that shows a pulled away view of the optional back up alarm wiring harness and where it is supposed to be mounted on the machine. i have traced from the switch on the console down to where the wires lead into the main harness, according to the wiring diagram the back up alarm wires go to the computer also to the radio. my big problem is i have taken all of the sheet metal and plastic off from behind the seat and i simply cannot find the proper 3 wire connector to hook the wiring harness up to. i have however found a 3 wire connector that has a 24 volt wire, ground wire(tested continuity to the ground on the machine), also a wire with .4-.5 volts on it. i am wondering if this might be the connection that i am looking for? maybe the assembly person or the blueprints for the optional alarm wiring harness were wrong and put the wrong end on the harness. if this is it then what color wires go with what color wires (some of the colors are different) and the wire sizes are different . then again i may be looking in entirely the wrong spot for the wright connector

1stephen

Occupation
i never could find the proper connection in the cab for it, however figured it out, i put the switch in the travel hydraulic system (ground wire) then hooked up the travel alarm wiring harness and travel alarm. i found a power (24 volt) supply then hooked the travel switch wire up to a toggle switch so that i could turn the alarm off from the cab though the ground wire. works like a charm!!!!!!
:pointhead

hope this might help someone else out!!!