• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi UH083 Replacement Swing Transmission Head

KerryLakeInc

Hi all, new to the forum and new to the heavy equipment life. My father/boss recently purchased a used Hitachi UH083LC and after about a week of usage the head on hydraulic pump/swing transmission cracked (we realized the previous owner must’ve cracked and welded it). We’ve tried local machinery shop to re-weld/braze the crack but no luck. Attached a pic

Any recommendations for suppliers of replacement parts on the ancient UH083? Part number is 4202292.

Attachments

• F3AD058F-CBCC-450D-9F58-4307CA4C647D.jpeg
    F3AD058F-CBCC-450D-9F58-4307CA4C647D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 33

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I guess you are looking for a replacement slewing motor not a pump, that must be a retirement machine unless it has been stood up for a long period, maybe looking to the breakers yard may be better action to take.
Kind regards
Uffex

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I wouldn't mind betting the slew motor in the early EX200 is the same.
Same with the gearbox. The UH083 and EX200 had exactly the same swing speed .

KerryLakeInc

Agreed with all. Thankfully against all odds. local repair shops said part was impossible to find/discontinued. we were able to order replacement HTM450D head through a South Korean hydraulics company called PMCane/JIC Hydraulics.

Would love any feedback from all in regards to best method moving forward to reduce any potential pressure buildups and another cracked head. In my research I saw could potentially be caused by clogged filter?

Appreciate any insight and apologies if my terminology is butchered, young and hopeful future operator here!

Tones

Occupation
A crack like that is usually caused by to much casedrain pressure. The causes of that can very from blocked filter to a worn out rotating group in the hydraulic motor. All thats required to check it is a pail and a hose from the motor and place it in the pail. Place the bucket firmly on to ground so the slew is stalled, throttle up to WOT then hold the slew lever at full function for 1 minute. Shut everything down and measure how much oil is in the pail. There shouldn't be more than half a gallon..

Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The slewing disaster I have been involved with have been caused by reverse slew to stop the machine & side sweeping. Bad operating technique. The advice to check the pressures is good as a prevention method. Finding a replacement motor would be establish the drive shaft (I guess spline drive count the splines and measure the shaft).
Measure the fastening plate most will be standard SAE. The tricky part is knowing the flow and working pressure, armed with the information most of the motor suppliers should be able to help out.
Kind regards
Uffex

CynthiaJackson

A severe issue that needs immediate treatment is a damaged hydraulic pump transmission. It is advised to replace the damaged item because welding or brazing could not be a long-term fix. Since you stated that your father or boss bought a used excavator, it is imperative to thoroughly evaluate the item before purchasing. Inspections can prevent you from making expensive repairs in the future by seeing potential problems like damaged components. There are various things to consider if you want to buy an excavator. You can search for new models from respected producers or think about buying used equipment from trustworthy merchants or individual vendors. Before making a purchase, conducting thorough research and learning about the equipment's history is essential. Consider purchasing a maintenance plan or warranty to protect your investment and guarantee your equipment's efficiency. Regular maintenance and repairs are necessary to keep your excavator in good shape and extend its lifespan.

Joekom

Something broken in swing machinery (imput shaft turns freely, coupling ok) on my komatsu pc50uu-1. Any ideas as to what I'll find when I take top cover off?

stroke

Hi, I've got an UH083 that leaks hydr oil out of the swing gear. Hitachi have stoped selling rep-set for swing motor/brake. Any idear where to get rep set?
br
johan

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The seal and bearings I would guess are available on the open market, if the motor needs a repair I would suggest splitting it down see what is needed.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• UH Slew tranny.png
    UH Slew tranny.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 0

Tones

Occupation
How much difference is between the UH083 and the early Ex200 swing gear. IIRC the swing speeds were the same.