• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Zaxis cab swap

Huffa

Can anyone please tell me how difficult it is to fit a zaxis-3 or -5 rops cab onto a 160 zaxis -1 machine?

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Mate, you have some very clever buggers there who make ROPS-FOPS frames. They would be far less expensive or is the old cab kaput. I think all the Hitachi cabs are interchangeable (mount the same) and getting a complete cab is a lot less work but harder on the pocket.

Huffa

Thanks yes cab is wrecked. It has an external rops but is bent. Just thought it may have been the easiest way, I've had conflicting info on if the later cab fits or how difficult it is to make it fit

Tones

Occupation
I rolled a UH series many years ago. The cab was double skinned and was pulled apart, straightened and put back on at about half the price of a new one. If you contact R.D. Williams in Brisbane, they could give you all the info required.

Huffa

Hey thanks but this is beyond repair . I can get a good secondhand cab of the same model but then I still have to deal with straightening the rops. I can also get a good secondhand later model rops cab. Just thought it would take away the hassle of straightening the external rops. I have seen a zaxis 200-1 with a-3 cab on it so it can be done but I have conflicting reports about whats involved getting it on, surely someone must know

Tones

Occupation
Whereabouts in NZ are you?????