• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ze160lc help

Btad

I have a 2006 Hitachi zx160lc no dash
all the Hydraulics bleed off the boom blades down the stick bleeds down the bucket curl bleeds down and the thumbs bleeds down could this be the main relief valve
And aging thanks for any help

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Btad
Not to sure we are talking the same point- by bleeding do you mean fluid returning to tank?
Kind regards
Uffex
upload_2021-12-17_9-17-59.pngupload_2021-12-17_9-17-59.jpeg

Btad

I need to check that on Sunday
I was working with it today and watching it
I think the thumb is getting presser
It seems to get a lot worst after a couple of hours
I am wondering if I have a main valve problem

Btad

The thumb down strock does have low presser all the time so it won't stay up
Any suggestions any body

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Btad
If you plug the line with a gauge - pressurise the line and it holds the issue is the cylinder side. If the pressure drains away quickly you have diagnosed the issue to be at the main valve.
Hope that helps
Kind regards
Uffex

Btad

Good day Btad
If you plug the line with a gauge - pressurise the line and it holds the issue is the cylinder side. If the pressure drains away quickly you have diagnosed the issue to be at the main valve.
Hope that helps
Kind regards
Uffex
i did not hook up a gage to it yet but i let the thumb come down to where it stopes moving on its own and then with little bit of i can push it and it will move but if i try to pull it solid as a rock
when i pick up a tree it does not drop it
the thumb is controlled by a verbal speed thumb switch
i plan on trying to find the solenoid valve and se it it has any power on it and starting there
any thoughts would be a lot of help
or should i hook up a pressure gauge first
thanks

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Btad
Please let me be sure I am interpreting what is happening correctly, when you grasp a tree it holds fine - when you operate the thumb switch to release the tree nothing happens it stays solid?
KR
Uffex

Btad

No sorry the problem is I put the thumb all the way up and it comes down on its own at a slow speed from Top to the bottom of this swings is probably about 7 to 10 seconds the thumb does go up with the switch and come down with the switch but when the thumb comes down on its own I can go and push it towards the bucket with very little pressure but I cannot pull it at all

Good day Btad
Please let me be sure I am interpreting what is happening correctly, when you grasp a tree it holds fine - when you operate the thumb switch to release the tree nothing happens it stays solid?
KR
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Btad
Give me a short time I will respond with some information
KR
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Btad
Please see attached.
KR
Uffex

Attachments

• ThumbTrouble2.pdf
    811.3 KB · Views: 12

Btad

Hi Btad
Please see attached.
KR
Uffex
Due to life and whether I have not had a chance to switch the valves around yet but I was up there today started the excavator up put the thumb up shut the excavator off and the thumb still came back down without the motor running so is that still possible to be the shock failed or something else thank you again for your help on this

uffex

Occupation
Admin
good day Btad
Yes the thread description points to either shock-port relief vale or main valve leakage, suggest switch shock valves first.
Kind regards
Uffex

Btad

good day Btad
Yes the thread description points to either shock-port relief vale or main valve leakage, suggest switch shock valves first.
Kind regards
Uffex
Thanks for the confirmation I appreciate the help I'll let you know when I'm able to check it and thanks again

Btad

good day Btad
Kind regards
Uffex
Solved my thumb problem it was a stupid bypass hand control valve the hose was hitting it and bumping it in bypass mode just enough to bleed off the some from the high-flow system 1 minutes fix remove handle turn 25 degrees then reattach

Attachments

• 1931.jpeg
    1931.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 9