• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hood Hinges for a Ford LTL 9000

FWD

Been working off and on since summer fixing up a 95LTL 9000 Ford dump truck. Coming a long pretty well but am in need of the hood hinges. Was wondering if any one knew where I might locate a set. I think all the years (82-97) of the LTL's would work.
Thanks!
FWD

Soodude

I might know where there is a set. If ya give me till after new years I can go out back and see what year the old junked out ltl is for ya.... Happy news years!!!

FWD

Thank you much, I'd be very interested in the hinges. I'll be waiting to hear what you find out.
Never been to the Soo, but been over the Mack Bridge a few times.
Happy New Year in a few short hours, you'll see the New Year an hour before me.
FWD

FWD

No one seems to have any used hinges of any quality. New ones from Ford-Sterling are out of this world in price, bu are available. I found a place in Illinois that has had a bunch of these made up. They are still high, but about the best I can find. The place is Milford Truck Parts. 1-888-499-7878.
FWD

Soodude

I did venture out behind the shop and saw we have two hinges on the 92 LTL out back.... will have to wait till spring in order to get them off the truck.... Our loader operator thought it would be funny to bury the truck with snow the loader