• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

House project is going well, couldn't do it without my old hoe!

syndy

Occupation
Retired
Got the outside framing done and almost finished the inside framing. I should be working on plumbing next week. form1.jpgform2.jpgform3.jpg

fishfighter

Looks good. I been clearing some land that I been thinking of building a new house. Down sizing is my plans. Just the wife and I now and we don't need a 4 bedroom house.

syndy

Occupation
Retired
This is my third and last owner builder, the one in FL is up for sale. Built the first on a barrier island (1980) in the Gulf off of Englewood, FL. No bridges, everything had to be carted by boat. I had a 1951 Ford 8N backhoe then. Next one (now for sale) 12 miles from Disney. I rented equipment for that build. This one I am doing everything but the trusses and shingles and Sheetrock. I have 15 foot ceilings and I am working alone. The hardest part so far has been, is not finished yet, maybe tomorrow is the inside framing above the 9 foot level. It has to be exact, (plumb) or it just won't look right when finished. I'm going to be 75 this year and working 8 hours at this is not like 30 years ago.form4.jpg

fishfighter

You're going to be 75 years old? Well let me tell you, you are doing a great . The house I have now, I built it myself about 15 years ago.

Myself, I'm only 56, but I'm in heart failure. Been that way the last 3 1/2 years due to a viro infection to my heart. Only fix is a heart transplant. But, I still give it hell and keep my butt going. LOL