• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How does commerical truck insurance work

LaLaMan

For instance If I needed a utility body truck, which might be cheaper to insure, a F550 with a 14foot body or a International With a 16 foot body?

Does having the truck under CDL make a difference in how mich it might cost.

My side business is sort of getting off the ground and its too hard to work out of my pickup.

They dont make shopping for it easy, ill tell you that much, anything you need to find out you have to call or sign up or have them Email you the info.

And Im also having trouble pricing out the truck, the international 4400, and the Pete 330 can be specd out similar, both can be Lo Pro, and even under cdl. Yet the F550 I can get in 4X4 (which I would throw a plow on, possibly, it is a pain to plow with a LONG truck) They seem to be actually somewhat close in price, but thats if you can buy it off the lot, if you need it specd out differently, the price changes quite a bit.