• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How does Liebherr name their excavator?

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
I am curious what does "R914B, R924, R934C, A900C...." stand for? How does Liebheer name their excavator?

Who can help me to make it clear? Thanks a lot!

Alfapillar

Usually Liebherr use "R" for tracked excavators and "A" for wheeled excavators.

91X series are machines with a weight range from 21Tons to 23 Tons

92X series are 24 to 26 Tons machines

93X for 27 to 32 Tons machines

The X is the series of the machine, could be related to a year range, similar to B / C /D series with Cat on the 300 series

You can find also 9XXB or 9XXC , the letter at the end is for some upgrade on the machines ( similar to Series II for Cat )

:drinkup

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Bienvenue alfapillar! Ca fait longtemps que je n'ai pas posté sur photostp. :)

So does this mean that Liebherr's nomenclature has nothing to do with the machine's mass? (i.e. 944 is not a 45-tonne machine?)

Alfapillar

Hi Tigerotor I didn't post there (and here as well ) since a long time :D

Good question, I think that it depends on the type of Boom/ Arm / Counterweight/ Undercarriage fitted on the machine , some people says that the 944 is a 45Tons, but the ones I saw till now were les than that . Liebherr says that that 944C goes from 39 to 47 Tons.

As per my poor experience, the 932/942 have nothing to do with the machine mass , but things change on the 4 series (B and C ), I know two guys who have a R932 year 1998, one was rated on the trailer at 27 Tons and the other one at 30 Tons

Maybe some Liebherr expert could help more :)