• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to connect converted direct pull scraper to CatD8H ripper

Mustafa_Sabankaya

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to physically connect a CAT627B scraper (motor converted to direct pull) to any part of the ripper on my CAT D8H? I am getting rid if the front tractors on my two scrapers (with dead engines) and would like to pull behind my D8H.

Thanks!

Mustafa

Tinkerer

It seems to me it would be quite a strain on the final drives of the dozer.
The geometry would be a lot different from pulling it in the normal way with a drawbar. IMHO.
It would be an owners worse nightmare if a loaded scraper mounted onto a ripper were to get stuck in a fill area or shizzy cut area.
I spent a fair amount of time pulling pans with D8s.

Last edited:

hosspuller

Can the tractors be converted into a dolly for the scraper? Scrap the engine and create a tow bar. The dozers final drives wouldn't see the scraper load.

Or trade for a CAT High Drive machine...