• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to get your machine level?

Jimothy

Occupation
Digger
No one at work really has time to teach me how to use the machines so I’m self taught on a lot of the equipment. I can feel when I’m level in the machine and can get an open space level by driving back and forth to feel out the bumps and dips. But on some of the more complicated tight spots where there’s hundreds of plumbing electrical pipes walls and other workers around you don’t have time or space to drive back and forth too much. Just looking for tips on getting level fast and tricks when you cant use trial and error.

skyking1

If it is tilted to one side and you don't have a bunch of material to simply dump on the low side, I tend to cut and sweep and lift to the low and get it coming up. If it is is low on the right for example, I'll cut some from the left and turn right with it and lift and dump, building up enough to get the tracks level. You have to overfill it to allow for compaction on the deeper fill side.