• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to go about repairing a beach

Carolina start up

I had a customer contact me about repairing their beach area around their lake and ill be honest I really don't know how to go about that any advice or guidance or anything

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
There are a ton of variables so give us some more info.

Does it have a seawall or just shoreline?

Is this a natural lake or one created with a dam? If it's a lake created by a dam do they lower the water table for maintenance at certain times of the year?

What type of soil conditions? Sand, clay, rock?

Do you have any pics?

Carolina start up

There are a ton of variables so give us some more info.

Does it have a seawall or just shoreline?

Is this a natural lake or one created with a dam? If it's a lake created by a dam do they lower the water table for maintenance at certain times of the year?

What type of soil conditions? Sand, clay, rock?

Do you have any pics?
just shoreline and its a created by a damn and they don't lower it any or they haven't in the past 10 years and the soil seem to be sand-clay mixture but im going Thursday to take a look at it and get some more photos then.

terex herder

Is this a federal, state, or private lake? I don't know about the state, but getting caught working around federal waters without a permit is a ticket to bankruptcy and possibly free room and board with sex twice a week.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
If you get a call like that in Northern Wisconsin, you tell them to call the DNR and get their permits and call you back when they have a DNR drawing in hand.

Welder Dave

If it's mostly sand you need a sand trap rake from a golf course preferably 3 wheel drive. You might be able to rent one from a Toro, Jacobsen or JD dealer. They have a rake to smooth the sand but also have a mini cultivator to loosen the top few inches. You could use a tractor or heavy equipment but if it isn't hard packed a sand trap rake would probably be ideal and no undercarriage wear to worry about.

If there's lots of garbage then you need a Brighton Beach cleaner. LoL It was a special implement built by Massey Ferguson to clean Brighton Beach.

Jimothy

Occupation
Digger
I’ve seen the same beach go from 30000$ to 200000$ and finally hit 1000000$ doesn’t even make sense how much rock they hauled in but it is basically gonna last forever now.