• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to make easy effective site signs?

PhilDirt

I need to make signs to direct drivers at a fill site. I want something better than a spray can and a piece of used plywood, but don't need professional street signs made. What have you used for this? Are there good large stencils available? Cheap plastic letters to nail or staple to a board? This is going on for several years, the signs need to be durable or need to be cheap and easy enough that it doesn't matter that they need to be replaced often. The nature of a fill site requires frequent changes, arrows moved, etc. so I'd like to be able to make them up onsite as needed. Google and Ebay haven't offered up much.

Ideas anyone?

wornout wrench

Find this stuff

http://www.coroplast.com/

Get the color you want, cut to the size you want, attach to what ever you want

Big felt pen, 1" tip or better, or go to your local office supply store, they should have the stick on letters.

The part I like about this stuff is you can have different colors to signify different applications

Delmer

I've never made signs like that, but if I had to...

Use BC or better plywood cut to whatever size you want. Prime and paint all six sides ahead of time. Use a pencil and yardstick to layout you lettering and a small brush to paint it in. A big step up from a spray can in looks and durability.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The corrugated plastic and metal wire signs like the real estate agents use are pretty cheap and very easy to place. You might want to check a sign company locally who makes them.