• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to move a non op cat 226 skid steer?

elijahj

Hello all, I am new here and could really use some help on getting my dead cat 226 into my garage. Is there a relief valve or something to make it free wheel ?

msllc

Use a double line (with snatch block = $50 from northern tool) winch method to pull the machine slowly onto a trailer, this puts the winch into a slower & stronger pull. Or you can simply call on a reputable towing service. I've heard of some guys lightly oiling down the steel deck on a trailer to ease the dragging a little bit. It really sounds absurd, but as long as it works & doesn't destroy anything, you should be ok.

paulinkansas

I had a similar problem a few months ago. I ended up replacing the engine while the skid was in a pasture. It helped to put a 4x8 sheet of plywood behind it to use as a smooth workspace and to stay out of the mud/grass.

napost

Hi guys. I dont have much experience other than my Toyota skidsteer, but late last year i had an issue with its drive motors, undone the hyd

napost

Continue... I undone the hydraulic hoses and the machine freewheeled to my shed. I collected the oil obviously, made a bit of a mess, though it did move. (sorry bout the continued message, clumsy fingers.)