• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

how to troubleshoot speed control on 1998 Hyundai 200 LC excavator

Ted Allen

1998 Hyundai 200 LC. Ser# E2039M
throttle is not working so I disconnected and using the emergency manual throttle. Not sure if its the gov motor, potentiometer, console or computer board. After market potentiometer is over 1300 dollars so want to do some testing. Will probably remove the gov motor and potentiometer and test them but I cant find what the input voltage should be. Dealer is no help. Any help diagnosing is appreciated.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The potentiometer, the type that has nine positions ?
kind regards
Uffex

Ted Allen

thanks for reply. Im not sure how many positions but he governor motor I think is the part with several different positions. The potentiometer is just the controller or for voltage according to what I have read.