• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How would you get it up there?

special tool

I'm sorry, but i am not gonna drink the cool aid on this one. 1st you are asking for help with you're thread, all of the board members provide help. then you post some crooked pictures. I know the 200 will not run at those angles. you have to bench when working that steep unless you have a death wish. if you cable stuff off all the time and have done it before why bother posting and asking the question??. just swinging that hoe around at that angle would bring it down,not to mention the oil sump.::confused:. please post pictures of the steep slope jobs, i for cannot wait to see them. you could say we work on steep terrain here and up to 12,000 feet above sea level. not trying to be negative , but why flirt with disaster and put the operaters life at risk.? i don't think any one will work on a slope like that unless it is an emergency or there is no other way. most pros dig benches and work up or down,. just my o2Cents

I think this guy is fooling around with us a little bit.

Colorado Digger

i am waiting to see some of you cabeling and working on steep angles, i know that we will not do it. come on, who are you kidding? why don't y ou tell the truth that 1st it is a 200 not a 220. is it a rental? do you do this for real??why do we only see the foto of the hoe at the bottom of the hill?? you started off asyou aking for advice and now you are a steep slope expert. ok......

dozerbill57

Occupation
Retired
Trying to fool us

I'm sorry, but i am not gonna drink the cool aid on this one. 1st you are asking for help with you're thread, all of the board members provide help. then you post some crooked pictures. I know the 200 will not run at those angles. you have to bench when working that steep unless you have a death wish. if you cable stuff off all the time and have done it before why bother posting and asking the question??. just swinging that hoe around at that angle would bring it down,not to mention the oil sump.::confused:. please post pictures of the steep slope jobs, i for cannot wait to see them. you could say we work on steep terrain here and up to 12,000 feet above sea level. not trying to be negative , but why flirt with disaster and put the operaters life at risk.? i don't think any one will work on a slope like that unless it is an emergency or there is no other way. most pros dig benches and work up or down,. just my o2Cents

I see a guy that is stuck between two hills and not going no where ! :usa :Banghead:rolleyes:

Galute

First off, I didnt ask for help, I asked how would you do it. I never said we couldnt do it. I just thought it would make for some interesting conversation to see the different ways other people do things. Second, if you think those hoes or any other wont run at those angles then you don't know as much as you think you do and no, swinging it around won't bring it down. Look at the pics, the machine is turned around and if it fell over I would of took a pic of that.

Colorado Digger

please.

stop it, please. otherwise keep fakin it or rollin it. you know what? i dont really care. just trying, go ahead and kill that rental iron

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Steep Slopes

IMO There isn't many can'ts or won'ts working on a pipeline.

I may be wrong but I also can't help but think you boys are going to end up with an Earfull of Cider before this is over with.

Just my 2 Cents.:)

Galute

i am waiting to see some of you cabeling and working on steep angles, i know that we will not do it. come on, who are you kidding? why don't y ou tell the truth that 1st it is a 200 not a 220. is it a rental? do you do this for real??why do we only see the foto of the hoe at the bottom of the hill?? you started off asyou aking for advice and now you are a steep slope expert. ok......

Lets see some of your pics of your steep terrain. I dont have any, never said I did. Tell the truth? I never said that was a 220, never said it was a 200 either. Never said I was a steep slope expert either. The reason the pic of the hoe is of it at the bottom is because he is starting to go up the hill. I dont know how all you experts do it but us mere mortals have to start at the bottom to go up. Go back and read what I posted and try to comprehend it this time. I said it was a pic of a little hill we were cleaning up. That means the pipe is already in the ground and many different pieces of equipment have already been up and down it many times. As for the trees in the pics. I was not focusing on trees when I took the pics, I was looking at the hoe. I was sitting on a side slope myself and didnt even think about leveling the camera. I noticed it when I loaded the pics full size on my computer. I decided to post them anyway because, frankly, it is so blantently obvious that I never dreamed anyone would try to make more out of it than it is. I should of known some of the anal retentive types would try to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Here is a few pics I do have of a hill we did last spring that is just a little steeper that the one above. It's just steep enough that the hoe will sit on it but he is not able to dig without pulling his self down.

I'm on the winch tractor, it's a D61 Komatsu, my D51 doesn't have a winch. Look close you can see the cable hooked to the hoe. Pic is taken thru the back window. Oh, BTW, that hoe is a 220.
512201056_U2bBM-M.jpg

The hoe kept pulling me down with him so we hooked this 750J to the front of me to help anchor and also help pull me up when we needed to move up.
512201124_5PUdL-M.jpg

Here is me pulling the drilling rig up for the blasting crew. I didn't need the 750's help for this. This is after the guy on the 220 cleaned the hill off making it much easier to get up.
512184659_QimzF-L.jpg

roddyo

Occupation
Those pics tied off to the the Komatsu and the Drill Rig look like Cider to me.;)

Galute

Those pics tied off to the the Komatsu and the Drill Rig look like Cider to me.;)

Cider? Thats a new one on me, I dont get it.

I see you sig says you love burning timber. Come on up. You would love this job. We usually chip all the timber but there is the one land owner that wants it all burned and buried. I hate doing that. Boring nasty job.

roddyo

Occupation
IMO There isn't many can'ts or won'ts working on a pipeline.

I may be wrong but I also can't help but think you boys are going to end up with an Earfull of Cider before this is over with.

Just my 2 Cents.:)

There's an old sayin among Gamblers that if a Guy comes up to you with a brand new deck of cards on which the seal has never been broken and offers to bet with you that the Jack of Spades will jump out and Squirt Cider in your Ear.

Don't bet with him cause sure as you do you are going to get an Ear Full of Cider.:D

BTW, Nice Pics Galute, keep em coming.

Last edited:

Alaska Sunrise

I don't care if the photos were tilted and blurry, that is still a steep hill. As for the second set of photos, I am impressed! Looks scary to a rookie like me.

Galute

BTW. If anyone's interested. Here is a pic of the same hill taken from the top out the door of my dozer taken this morning. And before anyone brings it up, I know it's Sunday, we did have to work today.

BEWARE!!! THE TREES ARE NOT LEVEL!!!!

hill.jpg

roddyo

Occupation
BTW. If anyone's interested. Here is a pic of the same hill taken from the top out the door of my dozer taken this morning. And before anyone brings it up, I know it's Sunday, we did have to work today.

BEWARE!!! THE TREES ARE NOT LEVEL!!!!

View attachment 52063

Double Time:notworthy

Did they put a hot bend in at the bottom of that hill?

We got some like that up here. Just not very many and not very far to the bottom.:)

Galute

Double Time:notworthy

Did they put a hot bend in at the bottom of that hill?

We got some like that up here. Just not very many and not very far to the bottom.:)

They put a 45 in it. Plus it's 20" poly pipe which allow quite a bit of fudging when it comes to bending it around. LOL

roddyo

Occupation
They put a 45 in it. Plus it's 20" poly pipe which allow quite a bit of fudging when it comes to bending it around. LOL

My Bad.

I didn't know what you were laying down there.

I just figured it was pipe.:eek:

It's just an observation but the Twine Line Pics seem to have silenced the Peanut Gallery.:D