• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hyd cylinders

w2bstoned

Anyone have to change a barrel or tube on there hoe? What causes this to wear? The company that I had tear it down said that the tube had metal shavings in it. What a way to start the season off:(:(

Did anyone regret rebuilding there's othe than buying a new cylinder?
Thanks

bono1979

are the shavings from the tube , what dose the piston look like , any other damages , rebuilt cylinders are just as good as new as long as the person rebuilding it know what they are doing .

td25c

Anyone have to change a barrel or tube on there hoe? What causes this to wear? The company that I had tear it down said that the tube had metal shavings in it. What a way to start the season off:(:(

Did anyone regret rebuilding there's othe than buying a new cylinder?
Thanks

The only reason I would change the barrel is if it was "egg shaped" or "scored".I rebuild my cylinders.I like to do my own repair work.Unless your cylinder was "scored" ,clean out the metal shavings and repack it.

Reuben

we changed the hole stick barrel and rod. The barrel literally swelled up like a frozen pipe about mid way down the barrel. The dealer said he never saw anything like that before. Kobelco was very interested in it also.