• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic accessory controls

Bigfooteq

I sell attachments at my shop. A customer of mine says he has a John Deere 89 skid steer but he doesn't know where the controls are which control the hydraulic outlets on the front of his skid steer. He says he does have two connectors on the front but he doesn't see any way of turning them off or on. He wants to use a brush cutter. What would he need to install? A valve? Thanks for your help

Mark13

I would say he doesn't know what model machine he has which makes it tough to determine what he needs to do to run attachments if it has 2 aux lines to the front.

Mark13

As digger doug said, it's likely the right handle "up/down" tilt. It probably doesn't have a detent to lock it on and he would have to hold the lever up or down the whole time.

Other things to consider is if it has enough cooling capacity to run the mower without getting hot and he will want a front door (preferably lexan) to keep debris from flying at him. Everyone says they'll keep the mower low to the ground but we all know that never happens.

Bigfooteq

As digger doug said, it's likely the right handle "up/down" tilt. It probably doesn't have a detent to lock it on and he would have to hold the lever up or down the whole time.

Other things to consider is if it has enough cooling capacity to run the mower without getting hot and he will want a front door (preferably lexan) to keep debris from flying at him. Everyone says they'll keep the mower low to the ground but we all know that never happens.
Yes, I sent my customer a message about the right hand lever. One of my suppliers has the Lexan shields and I do highly recommend them but, I haven't convinced anyone to buy one yet. I guess when a chunk of tree stump hits them upside the head, maybe they'll buy one. But let's hope that never happens.

I will top off the fluid. maybe need to install some kind of inline cooler.

Last edited: