• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic gear pump vs axial piston pump.

Davidov

@Mobiltech I don't think that they have brakes,written on this pdf link ,it say that they only have pressure relief valve (without pressure boost facility).Also 1 speed.

davejo

How is the speed of the drum being monitored or estimated? Some sort of tachometer or by ear?

Perhaps the pressure gauge display used on a skidsteer rotary mower is there to inversely correlate rotor rpm?

The HP calculators described in this thread put the currently installed 107cc gear pump at 120-135hp consumption. We want to dump another 60hp (+50%) into the flail so can't we try a 150cc gear pump to see what happens? We are using salvaged parts so perhaps some trial and error is in order.

Davidov

Hello.I thought at first u ask about project screw type wood chipper xd,was confused little...
No problem,anyway yes,those guys,mechanics,that worked with me used tachometer to check speed of rotor with no load.I do plan to add pressure gauge on pressure line towards motors just to monitor at what pressure are they working while mulching.
Pump is 133cc on loader right now,low pressure type,gear,2300psi.
107cc are hydraulic motors,piston type,fixed displacement,2 of them.
I do plan to search for either gear pump +-200-240cc,lower pressure ,or piston pump +-130-150cc higher pressure.I mean maximum power output of both pumps would be more or less same.