• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Leak Mitsubishi MM30SR

Graham Hamilton

My machine (E3G00727) has a hydraulic leak on one of the small hoses that heads back to the tank and connects into a large pipe that goes between the bottom of the cooler and the top of the tank (photo). I had to take off the counterweight to get access to it (photo). The tank end is easy enough to get to but the other end disappears into a channel (with 3 other hoses and 3 cable bundles) that goes round the back of the engine. I think this reappears behind the pump and I’m guessing goes under the seat towards the spool valves, swing motor etc. I’ve lifted the floor plate to try and find the other end (photo) but it is packed solid with hoses and cable bundles and not obvious. Also the swing motor is under the seat/relays /fuses/heater etc

I’m looking for advice about what to do next to track the other end down. Or perhaps should I be looking at a field repair on the hose end I can get to.

Advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• MM30 hydraulic pipe leak 2.jpg
    MM30 hydraulic pipe leak 2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • MM30 hydrauoic pipe oil leak end fitting connection to cooler.jpg
    MM30 hydrauoic pipe oil leak end fitting connection to cooler.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • MM30 counterweight removed oil leak.jpg
    MM30 counterweight removed oil leak.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • MM30 under footwell 2.jpg
    MM30 under footwell 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Hamilton must be a popular plant name in Scotland.
I suggest you rap any suspect areas with cardboard. It is the most safe way to identify hydraulic leaks.
Kind regards
Uffex

Graham Hamilton

Called in help from Jack Swales Plant Services and Ryan came out the following morning. Between us we managed to find the other end of the hose. Him pulling/pushing the hose from the end we could get to and me watching and feeling which hose under the cab floor moved. It was at the top of the swing motor. Wire attached at that end and pulled out from the engine bay. New one made up in his van and then pulled back through with the wire. All done and working. The hose had several cracks around its circumference where it bent through the engine bay to tank area bulkhead.