• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hydraulic or electrical problems??

eianewb

i have started noticing that when i put down the safety lever to turn on the controls in my kobelco 130 that there is a hydraulic whine and it pulls the motor down. everything is functioning properly, all the controls work fine. sounds like a valve is sticking or something, but if that were the case i'd think that a function would be trying to do something... ie the bucket would move on it's own or something. but everything works as it is supposed to. it is worse when the machine is cold, it actually stalls the motor when it is at idol. :beatsme

thanks in advance.

DGODGR

It sounds to me like the hydraulic system is being asked to push fluid over relief, when you are engaging the pilot control system (when you push the lever into the operating position). There could be several reasons as to why this is happening and it would probably be much easier to help you if you disclosed the year and model of your Kobelco, and any other symptoms that you may be experiencing. This may help determine what systems you have (particularly pilot and computer) on your particular machine.
Good luck.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
double post?
please gauge into the main pump pressure test ports using 6000 psi gauges x 2.
the kawasaki pressure test ports are a japanese bspp porting
PF 1/4 = 1/4 bspp with o-ring
an adaptor can be purchased and a micro-bore test hose
Stauff or Parker
Stauff # SMK20-G1/4-VB
hose = HFF20-# (length) 15 feet gets you into the cab to be able to read easier by yourself without hopping in and out.
and pressure gange adaptor
you could have a stuck neutral bypass cut spool.
i can aid over the phone if you like once you have the two pressure gauges tapped in
905-888-9070
adam