• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic problem

pjflyer

Insley H-560 B. Stick and tracks are on the same control block. Worked normally a few weeks ago, now tracks barely move with a hissing sound like the pressure is being bypassed. Tracks work fine when stick cylinder is fully extended. Is this adjustable or does something need to be rebuilt?? Stick works normally by itself. Swing, boom and bucket clinders working fine. :confused:

Attachments

• CIMG0075.JPG
    CIMG0075.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 454
  • CIMG0076.JPG
    CIMG0076.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 428
  • CIMG0078.JPG
    CIMG0078.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 411

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
Looks like someone just put on a new hose. Pull hose off and blow air through it. Bet a plastic plug got left in and its jammed in the hose (or fittings somewhere). The reason why it works better when moving stick is you are using that circuit to demand the extra oil from pump. The travel motors arent doing that. If new hose isnt plugged or a plug got lose in system....gonna have to take some pressures on 'er for more info.

pjflyer

Thanks, just bought the machine a couple of months ago. I don't know if the previous owner or the one before him put the line on. It's the supply line (the new one). If there was a blockage in a line, it seems like it wouldn't track at all or the stick wouldn't work?!? Guess we might have to some readings.

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
It don't have to be plugged all the way...just partially cut off. Won't take as much oil to run the stick compared to the motors...i dont think anyway. Could be a relief valve bypassing back to tank or swivel seals gone and oil bleeding by in there. Alot of times you can link problems from visible signs in what ever system you are working on. Since that is a new hose and it is possible for supply oil to be restricted....i would start there.

pjflyer

Ahhhh.... I see...will do. Have other projects going so it might be a bit before we can get to it, just getting ideas on where to start and what to check. Thanks

pjflyer

Another question I had is about the parts on the top of the control valve. Are those the bypass adjustments or something else? I see there are two on each side. I didn't want to start tearing into something I shouldn't. I'm pretty mechanically minded, but not much experience with hydrastics!

sheepfoot

I would check for a power beound plug that has backer itself out, their may be a plug in the valve feeding that hose that has the returned blocked to allow flow to that valve. Buy closeing the return with the stick you are forceing the oil to that valve giving it the flow it needs.

pjflyer

Problem solved, picked up a service manual. Found out by taking it apart the propel cap used to have a ball bearing in it to keep the spool locked in place. Long since been removed, however rust and other build up inside the cap kept the spool from moving freely all the way up.