• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Service Wrenches

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
Starting to do a lot more hydraulic work and I'm realizing I need some compact short wrenches like the Martin set. What are you mechanics using? Im just trying to be smart and not just buy buy buy, I spent alot of $$ on tools these past couple years. Maybe I dont need a whole set and I can just buy the common line sizes instead. Thoughts?

bobcat1

I have bought cheaper wrenches in sets and singles and cut them down to what we needed to get through. For the years when there was no budget. LOL

Millerboy79

I'm not sure if you have harbor freight by you but they sell a metric and standard set for like $50 a set.

excavator

I've got the Martin type hyd. wrenches, they work great once you have the fitting broke loose. Also have Snap on 4 way wrenches along with a large array of cut down wrenches. Here's a list of JIC and ORF wrench sizes. JIC#6-11/16". #8-7/8". #10-1". #12-1 1/4". #14- 1 3/8". #16- 1 1/2". 20- 2". O ring face #6- 13/16". #8- 15/16". #10- 1 1/8". #12- 1 3/8". #14- 1 1/2". #16- 1 5/8". # 20- 1 7/8".
Of course then you have BSPP, DIN, Komatsu ect. which are different again.