• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hyundai robex 80cr-9a showing low def and in reduced power mode

Gartole

Hello my father is looking for some help or advice on his 2016 Hyundai Robex 80cr-9a mini excavator. It has recently gone into reduce power mode and he cannot even get it out of the hole that it’s in. Yes called several mobile equipment services around and the soonest one can get is Monday. It is showing a blinking warning light for what I presume to be diesel exhaust fluid. But for the year and a half he has had it, I have never seen a DEF fill up. He is not well-versed in heavy equipment and did not know about DEF. But the problem now is we do not even see a DEF fill up on the machine. If anybody knows where this would be or has any advice as to what we should do please let me know.
Please no harassment on our uneducated and unknowingness. We don’t know what we don’t know. That is why we are here to learn:)

Attachments

• AE89A8F3-12DD-4F8E-B07E-E33CC6F1A295.jpeg
    AE89A8F3-12DD-4F8E-B07E-E33CC6F1A295.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
See attached may help out.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Hyundia DPF2.pdf
    528.6 KB · Views: 30

Tags

Ethan is for the DPF filter. Don’t think that machine requires Def. So it probably needs a manual regen if your father hasn’t been letting it regen(burn out the soot of the dpf filter the way intended). If he denied the regen too many times or shut the machine down in the middle of regen it will cause problems and will probably need someone with the correct software to plug into the machine and do what’s called a forced regen.