• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I hate ashes!

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Finishing up a big clearing and burning job and today I had to push all the ashed into holes to be buried. What a mess with a light rain they just stuck right to the machine:(:(

This is what my new dozer looked like after about 30 minutes:eek:

004-53.jpg

005-51.jpg

001-56.jpg

But I was able to wash it off at the end of the day, still looks new now!

deere88

what made you guys decide to get the komatsu? I was reading on your thread and you talked about gettin a deere. Did you get a better deal or was it for another reason?

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
what made you guys decide to get the komatsu? I was reading on your thread and you talked about gettin a deere. Did you get a better deal or was it for another reason?

Yeah at first we were looking at a new deere 650 but became a little sticker shocked at what it cost. We also looked at a cat D5 then stumbled apon this komatsu dozer. It's a 2008 model and had 7 hours on it when we got it, paint on the blade and tracks. The dealer was able to give us a deal on it that no other brand could touch, over $30,000 less than the deere 650. I've almost go 200 hours on it and have been very pleased with the machine, very strong and powerfull for it's size. The cab is very nice and is presurized to keep the dust out, not one bit got inside today. I really like it.

deere88

Yeah at first we were looking at a new deere 650 but became a little sticker shocked at what it cost. We also looked at a cat D5 then stumbled apon this komatsu dozer. It's a 2008 model and had 7 hours on it when we got it, paint on the blade and tracks. The dealer was able to give us a deal on it that no other brand could touch, over $30,000 less than the deere 650. I've almost go 200 hours on it and have been very pleased with the machine, very strong and powerfull for it's size. The cab is very nice and is presurized to keep the dust out, not one bit got inside today. I really like it.

i noticed from your videos that it is fast too. I am assuming it is hydrstatic? what engine is in it?

Murph2006

kinda like the dust that comes out of grinders. I hate that stuff and seems like the only available dozer is an open cab when it comes time to push the mulch piles up and level them off. we just finished grinding a bunch of brush on a job in lake lure, nc a couple of weeks ago and that dust was all in the cab of the trackhoe and the trucks.

DPete

You don't really hate ashes until you have to punch up 100 acres of burn piles with no cab. Thank God they banned burning here:)

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
You don't really hate ashes until you have to punch up 100 acres of burn piles with no cab. Thank God they banned burning here:)

oh I know what you mean. I've pushed them with an old open cab D6 before. What a nasty mess. When i stood up the only clean spot was where I was sitting in the seat. I could jump and a dust cloud would come off of me.

I had to clean the shower after I was done that night:eek: