• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I have a 1960's Clark forklift C50, serial # GY50BS-234-822-167. I'm looking for a repair manual / parts catalogue.

matt_4340

Hi Toolman, a couple months ago I did some brake work for our shop's old Clark C500-Y50 from the '70's. I don't know what the differences are between the models, but I googled the C50 and it looks exactly like ours. We had no luck finding any manuals or catalogues. We ended up going through a local company called Equipment Depot to get help. We did eventually get the parts we needed, but my boss said it was a PITA. It seems like you're nobody's priority when you have old equipment and don't bring in the big bucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230605_140325699.jpg
    IMG_20230605_140325699.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
You can get them from the site in the two bottom links, below. Unfortunately, Clark have been through about 30 owners and 30 corporate reshuffles since the 1960's. I understand Clark Forklift has been owned by the Koreans since 2003.

I used to deal with a guy by the name of Tom Swift in Little Rock AR, he ran Swift Forklift and was an old Clark ex-employee. He used to sell a lot of forklift parts on eBay. However, it appears his business shut up shop.

What I did find is that there's a business called TRS Equipment LLC in Little Rock AR, which is owned and run by a Swift family.
Now, I don't know how many Swifts there are in Little Rock, but it does seem like the Swifts in Little Rock are as numerous as Smiths elsewhere - but it could be worth a call to see if these Swifts can supply any older Clark parts. TRS currently sell and service Heli forklifts.

Tom Swift used to source a lot of old Clark forklift parts out of Taiwan, so the parts are still available. These old Clark forklifts are some of the best items of equipment America ever made, they would last over 100 years with proper maintenance.

Clark forklift history - https://www.clarkmhc.com/Company/Hi...lift,offers outstanding speed and performance.

TRS Equipment LLC - https://trsequipmentllc.com/about/

TVH are a global supplier of forklift parts, you may be surprised to find what is still available for the older Clark forklifts.