• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I JUST BOUGHT A D3B WAS TOLD IT WAS A 1976 BUT NOT SURE SER 79U0964 CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT YEAR THIS IS

CATD3B

I JUST BOUGHT A D3B WAS TOLD IT WAS 1976 BUT NOT SURE SER 79U0964 CAN ANYONE HELP

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums CT3B. Glad to have you.

Just a word of advice - un-click your ALL CAPS button and use lower case. It's considered yelling in the netiquette world.

Thanks

Welder Dave

The fuel and hydraulic tanks beside/behind the seat are different too. I can't remember if really early D3B/931B also had pedals from the floor??? I thought I saw it or read it somewhere but could be mistaken.

CATD3B

the pedals hang from the dash and it has a 4 post rops the sticker on the side says d3b and its looks original throttle on shift lever twist 1 reverse and three forward usually d3 pedal were through the floor just confused on the model all pictures i look at are the same as a d3b but cat cant find that serial number they tell me its a backhoe hahahah

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
the sticker on the side says d3b and its looks original
It won't be the first tractor that has ever been re-stickered, and likely won't be the last. 79U-prefix is a D3, not a B model. See below for the full list of D3 and D3B Serial Number prefixes that were ever manufactured. It is taken straight from Cat's "Serial Numnber Index" publication.

1686345731251.png

Welder Dave

Definately need some pics. to see your machine. Description sounds D3B but serial number says D3. I've never heard of swapping a serial number tag but anything's possible. Maybe a stolen machine at some point or some weird hybrid made out of 2 machines. If your local Cat dealer came up with your serial number as a backhoe you were talking to an idiot! 931 equivalent would be a 78U.

Last edited: