• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ih 175b

rocko59

Hi Jim As usual, need serial #, it could be the early one with the bellows seal or a later one with a metal face seal. I believe we have some new sprockets as well as used ones, need to know the bolt & dowel sizes, I believe there's only one pitch of track on the B Series. You know that TD15B sprockets are the same, if there's one laying around down that way.

pyobluebonus

I am looking for the lift arm for a 175b it lifts the bucket, mine has a 3" inch stress crack not sure welding will hold.

Goldtrigger

Occupation
semi-retired, computer logistics
I am looking for the lift arm for a 175b it lifts the bucket, mine has a 3" inch stress crack not sure welding will hold.

My Beast (175B) has about a 4 inch crack on the right lift arm that has been welded, never a problem and we worked the Beast hard till we broke it last week (left final drive planatary). A good welder should be able to weld the crack if they heat it up before hand. About parts, Fp Smith Parts and Equipment out of California has lots of 175 parts. Hemi, if you have a CarQuest parts house in Pa, check with them. I found lots of radiator hoses of the correct size through them, then we fashioned connectors from steel muffler pipe to join the hoses.

Last edited:

Wiatowski

Nope, it's still there. I've kicked it around, but not really something I need at the moment. Will likely sit on it a while and think about it, if I can see a job or use for it come up in the near future, I might rethink it.

It's coming into late fall/winter here, so the excavating will soon start drawing to a close, not exactly when I want to be laying out more money, especially when it's hard to tell what the economy may do over winter this year.

Totally know this was from 6 years ago but any chance this machine is still there? if so where?

Goldtrigger

Occupation
semi-retired, computer logistics
Totally know this was from 6 years ago but any chance this machine is still there? if so where?

Nope sold it and I do miss it. Now working a 68 JD 450 B. Older machine but in better condition and easier to work on. Won't push as much but if I work at it it gets the job done.