• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IH 175C track pad bolt pattern

CFrank90

Everything shown is well beyond 100% worn out, damned near to shards left except shoes
Going as far as a Full UC replacement may as well go whole 9 yards, gas axe them off and toss.

While I would love to do that, my dad and I don’t have that sort of cash available to do everything. And $10k in parts I believe makes sense on this machine. But at $20k in parts we’d be better off selling it and looking for a Cat 953.

The machine will probably be used less than 100 hours a year. We have a Christmas tree farm as well as a grain farm. So the machine will be used for removing old overgrown evergreens and removing trees around field edges. We also have a retired 10 acre gravel pit on the main farm and stock pile torn up concrete for river levee repair (in place of rip raft). So I’ve done some pushing of concrete after unloading with a tandem.

The rollers seem more readily available than sprockets and chains. Running with overly worn rollers won’t demolish the chain in 300 hours will it?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Sell it and move on. $10k in half finishing the undercarriage will gain you nothing but heartache and lost money. Biggest problem of yellow iron is stretching a dollar too thin where you end up with a tonnage weight yard ornament taking up space and nobody will haul off.

CFrank90

Heh....... I run a farm 175C much, much worse links, bottom rollers. But the sprocket is much better.

Yes on ours the worst looking wear is the sprockets and pins and bushings. The rails could run a while longer.

We did purchase new ITR rails and found some factory sprockets from Brown International in Canada. The 175C is very capable for what we are using it for. I’ve taken out some 30ft tall white pines with it. I’ll ad some pictures of the last time we used it.
07C9B40E-3950-4C77-A90A-67BE76A6DE17.jpeg F2C1D5D0-DBFC-407F-B713-94157E7C7383.jpeg DAC22457-CECE-46F9-A540-AD9BCAB9DDC2.jpeg