• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Inch drive sockets, deep or shallow

Seabass

Ive gotten into Wright tools as well. Great value, very well made, Ill be adding more.

tctractors

This shallow or deep socket thing is a tricky thing to sort to the best outcome, the deep 1" drive sockets that would realy use in a common situation would be the wheel nut size 27mm to poss 40mm, after that standard depth 12 point sockets are the best bet, I buy my impact wheel nut size sockets from the tyre patch supply Co that do all the tyre- wheel stuff, they are very low cost and briliant quality, I do have an 1"1/2 drive set for the "Man Pig " size nuts but they are only rare use things and the cost is high, the 3/4" drive sockets need to be standard depth 12 point items with just a few 6 point (impact deep) pieces like 19mm 24mm, so 2 sockets of this style should sort things, on the Rachet thing I use a Snap On 3/4" head with a swap out handle and a breaker head, so 2 heads with 1 handle and great kit.