• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Inertia Impact Crushers

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Does anyone have experience with Inertia impact crushers? All aspects including owning, operating or repairing? Just curious....TIO
image.jpg

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
got an eagle never been around an inertia much do have a conveyor that they built thats about it

theironoracle

Occupation
got an eagle never been around an inertia much do have a conveyor that they built thats about it

It looks to me that the Eagles are really the high end of the self contained wheeled recycle plants. How do you use yours? Rock, concrete, asphalt? I need to add a self contained (power) impactor to rent out and can't spend more than $200,000. TIO

Shimmy1

We've had a couple guys crush gravel for us with a impact crusher. It would nearly wipe out the crusher every 15-20k yds, but that was crushing pure rock. I've been told that they should only be used for concrete or asphalt, and you need to keep them at or near 100% capacity to keep them from self-destructing. Crushing gravel, they could never keep the crusher completely full, and would wear out the inside. I've never owned or operated one, just what they told me.

clintm

Occupation
I am in recycled concrete ran it as primary for a couple years now it's behind a jaw. They are wear part monsters 15-20,000 tons new blow bars when in primary. I would be very hesitant to have one in a rental fleet they are not as forgiving as a jaw.

theironoracle

Occupation
How does it perform in secondary? Do you run it in closed circuit? What's wear iron usage in secondary? TIO

clintm

Occupation
It works good in secondary.Blow bar replacement went from every 10 days to about 5-6 weeks. But was also able to run high chrome instead of medium chrome bars.Yes it's closed circuit about a 6-8" maximum feed to impactor.