• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Information about kubota k040

Tobias kolnes

Hi

Ive been searching the internet for information about my excavator. Cant find very much. The model I have is K040. If anyone out there have some information it would be greatly appreciated. I do not have the manuals either so I am kind of stuck. Should at least get new filter and change the oils. I see that KX161-2 looks the same. Can anyone conform that they are? Maybe sold as different models around the world? Ive tried to send some emails to kubota but with no luck.

Again, everything of information or companies to contact would be helpful.

regards

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good Day Tobias
Drop me a PM with your email I will forward you some information.
Kind regards
Uffex

C A Oakes

Hi Tobias/Uffex,

Did you manage to find anything on your kubota k040?

I also own a K040 and have scoured the web looking for any manuals or parts list but haven't been able to find anything. Theres a few parts i need to replace and im also looking for any maintenance guidance, ive tried to contact Kubota a few times but haven't had any replies.

If you've found anything please could you share a copy?

Regards, Carl

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Carl
If you drop me a PM with your Email I will post what we have.
Kind regards
Uffex

Tobias kolnes

Hi

I haven't found out that much. Nothing for certain, I thought it was smaller version of KX161-2 but couldn't confirm it.

Using the K040 model I have found some parts on the internet but not much.
- I've bought top rollers from miniexcavatorcentre.com, they fit. Altough not a perfect match as the old ones.
- I've found that japanmachineryparts.com sell hydraulic filters for it but haven't tried to order these yet so I can't confirm that they fit.

I would appreciate it if you share if you find something else. I've also tried to contact Kubota several times but with no luck. I also tried to contact a dealer in Norway but since it was imported and problably very old they could not or would not help me.

Regards
Tobias

Harry742

Good Day Tobias
Drop me a PM with your email I will forward you some information.
Kind regards
Uffex
Hey mate just wondering if I could get whatever information you have on the k040 as I’m struggling to find information as well. Cheers

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached the KX040 if this is the correct animal I can source a Ops. Manual.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• kx040-4brochure.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 15

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
Just google the manual. I had kx040 and wanted a manual pdf. I found one online and downloaded it. Also, I’m really not understanding the specific info you seek.

Harry742

Cheers mate I’m trying to get ahold of a workshop manual to rebuild the slew gearbox but can’t seem to find anything at all for the k040 can find some things for the kx040 but they have a different gearbox

precisionm60

Folks,

I'm in the same situation. I have a Kubota K040 ( Jap model ), I had no clue of this when buying it and would really appreciate access to a parts / maintenance manual. I don't know the year but its old. K040 KT 818 is a number on it