• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ingersol 723 / Bobcat 723

plowboy_

Occupation
Farming
Are there any differences at all between these two machines? Anything in particular wrong with them?

We are looking for a machine to replace our TH62....primary application will be as production loader in soft conditions. Secondary application is general yard duty around the shop and farm. Have been looking at TH330B but this Ingersol is somewhat more heavily optioned and practically half the price for similar age and hours, so it makes you stop and think.

barklee

Take a hard look at a Manitou. They are the best known for a loader type handeler. Used a bobcat a few times and didnt really care for it. Didnt feel like it could pull the hat off your head. Plus they dont really sell very well in this market so resale is going to be a little low. I dont think they are any different just branded different back when IR owned bobcat. You wont go wrong with a cat or a manitou. I think new holland even makes a pretty good ag lift, there again i think resale would be a killer on that one. Good luck and do some research on a Manitou!

plowboy_

Occupation
Farming
I'm buying used, low hour, so poor resale is a good thing....as long as there is no good reason for it. From shopping, it appears that the IR is really discounted compared to the Bobcat....though perhaps because they are out of the business but wanted to make sure there wasn't something I am missing.

Our TH has been good enough to us, save for the typical British electrical system, but it's getting time for it to move on to someone who doesn't have the uptime concerns we do.

Cat and Deere are the only machines around here, but I've never worried about having the only one in the neighborhood as long as I can keep it running. Seems like Cat is also the lowest price on the market except for these, but there really aren't enough of anything else around to get a good view of what the market really is. When the only thing out there is machines on dealer lots, all you know is what they are asking, not what they will really sell for.

Framer

Buy what you can get serviced. I have a manitou all be it a 10 54 so its not for digging. The users manual covers more machines than the 1745 I have and only makes note about not being rough on the 4stage boom machines The ingersol rand or anything with a chain on it are not supposed to dig. People in america seem to like the JLG line up. JCB might be a good one to look at so long as it is not the north american style, high boom mount. They make back hoes in georgia so they show their commitment to north america. Low boom mount models of JCB (I used to own one sorta) come with a button on the boom lever that disconnects the transmission so you have full power to the boom. You can also shake the forks or bucket for that matter really well. The bobcat is designed for your application as well but I've never heard good things about them. The europeans seem to make machines more geared towards agriculture. I don't think IR is going out of business. I think they are just getting rebranded by volvo. Agriculture is also more steady than the rest of the economy so machines geared toward multi use might not be as overbuilt. Where is SEKS? Merlo. dieci, jcb, manitou bobcat, european built cat all seem to be built for what you are describing. Some North american machine builders seem to be starting to build a european style telehandler.

plowboy_

Occupation
Farming
South East Kansas.

We have a British Cat TH now, and also a British JCB Fastrac tractor, so I'm familiar with JCB to some extent. Currently dealing on a later model Cat TH, which is now a Belgian JLG machine. There are a couple Deeres around, one of the articulated and one four wheel steer, and a local contractor has a JCB 520. Mostly around here you see Caterpillars, but I'm not really afraid of anything...I have bought a lot of "weird" stuff for the area, and haven't found a machine yet we couldn't get parts for. We do 99% of our own work in our shop anyway.

rt210

Hi, Guys,

Work around the farm you need Manitou. We have a lot of rental machine, If the operator head is "good" and care for maintanence, it will works-work-works..
In add, I looking for parts and service manuals CAT TH62 (4TM).
Please, if anybody can to help me.....