• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ingersol rand PT 240 R wont go forward or reverse

Lewis12

Got this pnuematic roller that wont go forward or reverse. It starts up fine but wont move when you put it in gear. When i put it in reverse the backup alarm will not sound so i know its not going into gear because it would before. The parkng brake is releasing also. Anyone seen this problem before or can tell me what to check first. this is like a 2002 model.

Last edited:

Ben Witter

You need to verify that you have voltage to your propulsion controller and to the forward and reverse solenoids when shifting for and aft. If you voltage going in but none to the solenoids the controller is likely bad. Not uncommon. If you have voltage to the forward and reverse solenoids then the transmission is likely bad. Not uncommon.