• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Installed a Thumb

wrenchbender

100 Komatsu needed a thumb and actually it was in a very clean spot. No mud, a new thumb and brackets a real pleasure to weld on. This is not the ordinary conditions I work in. Took a few pics

Attachments

• Komatsu & Trail Blazer.jpg
    Komatsu & Trail Blazer.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 871
  • thumb tacked.jpg
    thumb tacked.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 870
  • closeup of thumb.jpg
    closeup of thumb.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 846

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Thats some nice welding ya got going on there Wrenchbender. :thumbsup

How long have you been welding?

wrenchbender

CB, Thanx, I've been welding for about 37 years now.

Lashlander, How true it is that place tought me how to.............post pics;) There's a lot of good stuff going on over there I enjoy it as well.

rino1494

Nice weld you did there......now get some touch up paint and finish her up. :drinkup

wrenchbender

Thanx, rino the owner said he'll be doing the touch up as there are a few more spot to do as well.

dayexco, as a matter of fact I do own an old Smith smoke axe. I keep it in the shop and run a Victor on the portable rig.

wrenchbender

wrench, my wife is the HRD of smith equipment. take that victor and smash it with your 2 lb.

Hey, no can do I wouldn't let the Smith stay on the rig but the Victor is always on there. They're both very good sets and I have no clomplaints on either. The Smith is probly as old as I am and the Victor maybe 40 years old. They both have real glass lens on the regs if that tells ya anything about the age on'em. But at least now if the Smith ever gives trouble I know who to contact. How long does the warranty cover the Smith anyway? Should be good for at least 50 or so years lol I know it ran out last week darnit!